Was Demolition Man ahead of its time? Felt like a Marvel film.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I feel like The Mummy with Brendon Fraser was the 1st Marvel movie. It blended comedy, action, romance, and adventure really well. It even had a henchman cgi fight at the end :pachaha:. After watching this movie you can't tell me Brendan Fraser couldn't be Star Lord or whoever else has the same kind of role.

Wesley Snipes was the shyt in Demolition Man. Sandra Bullock stole the scenes she was in too.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
@Made Man That's EXACTLY how it works. They put mental probes on your temples and while you sleep it corrects your negative behaviors. That's why Stallone woke up and he had the urge to knit a scarf. Simon Phoenix was given negatives that made he stronger, faster, better, so him would be an even more efficient psychopath.
Yea I forgot that’s what they did .

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
There were several movies that came out in 93 that were "ahead of their time". Demolition Man but also Last Action Hero. The latter flopped of course partly due to releasing it after a little movie called Jurassic Park, which was way ahead. Crazy to think it came out in the early 90s but looks better than most of todays movies. Same with T2 back in 91.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The meta humor in this film got me dying.

The main character dynamics felt super modern.

Wesley Snipes was baller all film as the villain.

Action hold up pretty well. Had a that Marvel level of campiness without it being cringy corny.

Damn seashells
Does anyone have an explanation for them muhthafukkin seashells?