Was Chris and Snoop scared of Omar?

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
what's the deal with the actor that played him has he been in anything else notable? Or has he been typecasted? I see a few of the cast from the Wire have done some work with Law and Order.

I had a weak spot for O even tho I had to skip his love scenes, he made a lot of men feel conflicted they respected he's gangster on some Robin Hood vibe/code of conduct, however a queen is a queen

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
what's the deal with the actor that played him has he been in anything else notable? Or has he been typecasted? I see a few of the cast from the Wire have done some work with Law and Order.

I had a weak spot for O even tho I had to skip his love scenes, he made a lot of men feel conflicted they respected he's gangster on some Robin Hood vibe/code of conduct, however a queen is a queen

come on breh

Michael Kenneth Williams - IMDb

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

:aicmon:

that nikka has been working OT since the wire.

shyt, u didn't see boardwalk empire???

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't watch it my bad lemmi check out his imbd

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
:gucci:

He was the " breakout" star of the series after it went off

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
:gucci:
He was the " breakout" star of the series after it went off

dude I get it ffs, I just haven't see anything as big as the wire with him, soooo I take it wasn't typecaste then, allow being a gay gangster all the time

*first time i saw bubblez not a crackhead nearly blew my mind

Great Big

Rookie
Daps
I think when omar made it off that balcony after they had him cornered in that apartment, changed their perspective of him. But it also led to his heightened feeling of invincibility, especially when taken into account of how calculating he was when robbing nikkas. omar's arrogant self belief led to him getting popped, way too lax. Dont forget marlo thought that basically his torturing of butchie would have omar feeling a way about it...he was right

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Scared isn't the word I'd use, more like cautious because they knew if you miss your shot against him you better have your head on a swivel. As good as they were Omar was on their level or better, plus a man like Omar who never stayed in one place is not someone you want as an enemy.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
How Omar died felt like improvising the storyline. Gotta remember season 5 was set to have 13 episodes and HBO made them cut it down to 10.
I don't really think so, especially since there were scenes in seasons 3 and 4 that foreshadowed Omar not taking kids seriously (said Michael was "just a kid), and Kenard's morbid fascination with Omar, from pretending to be him, to wanting to kill him.

I think Omar's death was handled perfectly, mostly because it rang true. Sometimes the hardest nikka you know gets popped by some no name. The gun doesn't care who pulls the trigger.

A heroic "blaze of glory" death for Omar wouldn't have really fit the Wire.