Warriors playing hard AF and looking like a 6th seed Appreciation Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Lebron's teams have usually been just as good against the West as against the East this year. Even this year the Cavs were 8-1 against the West, with victories already racked up over Houston, San Antonio, Memphis, and Golden State, until that road trip where JR got hurt and Love/Shump got nagging injuries and started missing games and they went 4-8 over their next 10 games against WC teams. Take out that awful 4-8 injury-plagued run, which took place in the space of less than a month (the first 6 losses were all in 2 weeks) and could have happened no matter which conference they were in, and the Cavs are 10-2 against the West with quality wins against every good Western Conference team.

Kawhi's man-to-man defense is better than Lebron's, although there is that oft-quoted set of numbers...

I'm not saying it makes Lebron better than Kawhi, but the stats suggest that the gap is MUCH closer than you're trying to make it seem. Lebron still creates problems for the man he guards every single game. And that gap in man-to-man defense is partially cancelled out by the fact that Lebron is a better rim protector than Kawhi.

And Lebron is a better scorer than Kawhi, a better passer than Kawhi, a better ballhandler than Kawhi, and a better rebounder than Kawhi.

The problem with this post is that the quality of player Leonard defends is quite a bit better than the quality of player Lebron defends because of where they play...

Lebron has to see Harden twice a year...Kawhi has to see him a minimum of 4 times a year and as much as 11 if they play a 7 game series...

Westbrook...as little as 3 and as much as 10

Durant... as little as 3 as much as 10

Curry...as little as 3 as much as 10

Chris Paul...as little as 3 as much as 10...

If we divide up the best players in the league I think we would all agree that more play in the west than play in the east...kawhi has to see those guys as many as 11 times in a season and bron can only ever see them a max of 9 times and they got to get all the way to the finals for that to happen...

There is a big difference between Kawhi being the closest isolation defender to kevin durant 7 times in a year than Lebron being the closest isolation defender to kevin durant 2 times a year...

Daps
Reppin
Chi
That was one of the ugliest 4th quarters Ive ever seen. I remember at one point they turned the ball over on like 4 or 5 straight possessions leading to easy Boston run-outs. I think Draymond was the only Warrior player to score in the 4th....

If KD isn't back by the playoffs there's no way they're making it past the Spurs.

...everyone wants the Warriors/Cavs re-rematch, but seeing Lebron against the Spurs again wouldn't be that bad. Cavs vs. Boston series will be fun too.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Avery Bradley had the Warriors like this every time he got on the court

lebronkawhi.gif

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
That was one of the ugliest 4th quarters Ive ever seen. I remember at one point they turned the ball over on like 4 or 5 straight possessions leading to easy Boston run-outs. I think Draymond was the only Warrior player to score in the 4th....

If KD isn't back by the playoffs there's no way they're making it past the Spurs.

...everyone wants the Warriors/Cavs re-rematch, but seeing Lebron against the Spurs again wouldn't be that bad. Cavs vs. Boston series will be fun too.
I'm not sleeping on the spurs or Boston:hubie: Boston I believe is a legitimate threat.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are ya'll underestimating Boston's talent as a team or are the Warriord really that bad?

Celtics are good, and they play the Warriors especially tough. Their perimeter D gives Golden State fits. But the Warriors have also looked unsteady. Shooting poorly, spacing poorly, and Steph looks the worse he has in years, maybe ever. I had the Cavs beating them in 7 before the KD injury, but unless KD returns at a high-functioning level, I wouldn't bet on this team to get to the Finals.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spurs play in the West. Cavs play in the East.

Cavs are 14-10 against the West. Spurs are 28-8 against the West.

Kawhi's supporting cast is also nowhere near as good, although Pop sort of levels that out, but Kawhi's defense>>>>>>>Lebron's.
The difference between Kawhi's and LeBron's defense is nowhere near the gap in offense though; Kawhi has improved but LeBron is still on another hemisphere than him overall, particularly when you add in playmaking..

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Are ya'll underestimating Boston's talent as a team or are the Warriord really that bad?

It really boils down to bradley smart and crowder outworking klay and steph...

It's crazy how nobody calls these egg shell colored nikkas lazy...

They say "they are inconsistent" or "they are in a slump"

The real problem is that those 3 guys get up and steph and klay jerseys...and steph and klay just don't run their offensive sets well...

They jog to get the ball on offense...they don't try to create any sort of separation when they have the ball

Go look at the shyt steph is doing in the 4th when he crosses half court...

Klay aint really do anything in the 4th but stand around and not ask for the ball...

And also avery bradley is a weirdly built player...6 "2" with a 6 "7" wingspan...when healthy he is lightning quck and has quick hands...you think you can take advantage of him cause he small guard but his length and quickness pretty much makes him 6 "7"...and so you think its a 6"2" dude guarding steph when really its kind of a 6"7" dude guarding steph...you can tell on some plays steph just misjudges how close bradley really is to him and it leads to a poor shot or a turnover...if u watch boston you see that alot with bradley...a bigger dude thinks he got an open shot and then shyt goes sideways when bradley puts his arms up and you realize he basically in your lap when you thought you were open...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You guys are so desperate :hhh:

Losing the second best player in the world is going to affect a title favorite's record in the short term :ohhh:

:stopitslime:

They got the two time reigning mvp and the coli told me not only is steph the greatest point guard of all time he is somehow comparable to jordan

They got the coach of the year who only coached half the season and lost more games than the interim coach did

They got a guy that the coli tells me is the best defender in basketball...can defend multiple positions...is a top 15 player...and could guard kareem...

The owner said they are light years ahead of every nba team...

So...when you have all of that...losing a top 5 player shouldn't affect you at all...you still got the two time mvp who is as good a jordan, the coach winning coach of the year coaching half the season, and a guy who could guard kareem, you should roll right over teams like the bulls who are struggling to win half their games and make the playoffs...

NBA told me the warriors had 4 allstars...now they got 3 and they can't consistently win games :howsway:

NBA told me the spurs only had one all star...they sit him AND they sit the guy who is supposed to be an all star and they come back from a 28 point deficit to win by double digits :howsway:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
nikkas arent even trolling when they play the unanimous MVP or coach of the year card about a regular season loss against the 2nd best team in the East. :mjlol:

The exact same crowd that goes silent when the greatest player in the world loses to the Pelicans without Anthony Davis before the Cousins trade want to pop shyt :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
nikkas arent even trolling when they play the unanimous MVP or coach of the year card about a regular season loss against the 2nd best team in the East. :mjlol:

The exact same crowd that goes silent when the greatest player in the world loses to the Pelicans without Anthony Davis before the Cousins trade want to pop shyt :hhh:
Hol up are we propping up the weak East :troll: