Warrior Nun | Official Trailer | Netflix 7/2

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Not sure why they decided to make the lead so unlikable. Show definitely suffers because of it. Show really isn't all that good but I'll see it through.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
4 episodes in. So far it's worse than the Order. Does this show get any better?
I never saw this show as worse than The Order. That show is damn near everybody on the show = Ava. I think Shotgun Mary is a solid character Beatrice is aight too.. The Order doesn't really have any solid characters. The whole cast is annoying and Lilith (The Order) is annoying x10.

Not sure why they decided to make the lead so unlikable. Show definitely suffers because of it. Show really isn't all that good but I'll see it through.
I would think it's so they can develop her into a better character later. They way they built her up leaves them room to try and salvage her. Most reluctant heroes are annoying though.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I wouldnt say this is like The Order. TO doesnt take itself seriously and it pokes fun at itself ala Joss Whedon. It feels like some wanted to make a updated Buffy....the first season even felt it took place in the 90s for some episodes.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The last of us, warrior nun...how much shyt is Ellie going to be in this year ?

calh45

Cal
Daps
The main character is WOAT. I'm tired of the "This isn't my destiny" trope :snoop: at least try broad, she just runs away every episode or does the bare minimum

This.

Plus I was hoping Mary would be the saving grace, but I got tired of her just as quickly as Ava. The most powerful relic in existence is out there up for grabs and she's focused on other shyt. In real life they would've taken the halo out, without a thought, and put it in Lilith. They got demons on the loose and this priest is giving history lessons.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I liked her well enough once she joined the team. Before then she was pretty annoying. Her immaturity plays well with most of the rest of them being so serious. The show has a long way to go to be solid but it did enough to keep me watching. That's more than I can say for The Order which is also on Netflix. It's like a show where 95% of the cast has the maturity level of Ava.

It's so stupid cause that damn monster chasing her down required her to join anyway.

For me, the goofiness in the order makes sense because everyone has their moments. If everyone is deadly serious while the main person is just cracking jokes it doesn't make any sense. They fukked up the tone.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
For me, the goofiness in the order makes sense because everyone has their moments. If everyone is deadly serious while the main person is just cracking jokes it doesn't make any sense. They fukked up the tone.
Warrior Nun had the feel of the main character being an immature teenager and the rest of the cast mostly being adults. I feel like Ava's dynamic with the rest of the team was one of the things the show got right. The show was at it's very best when the team got together for that short period once Ava got onboard. She's a pretty annoying character on her own with that more mature energy around her it makes her tolerable and if they develop her more she could be alright.

To me the problem with The Order is it doesn't take itself serious enough. Most of the characters that set the tone of the show are immature young adults and the actual adults exist as antagonist to them. I'm not really the target audience for the show. Part of what being a good show is amounts to giving people who aren't part of your target audience something to latch onto. The Order doesn't really try to do that at all. It's a show that to me feels like it's for late high school to college aged males and if you aren't in that target group it DGAF if you like it or not.

The 4 lead characters on The Order don't have enough separation in their personality. Even the woman feels like she's just one of the guys with the other 3 guys. The 5 leads on Warrior Nun have a bit of separation between how they act. You have 2 comic relief characters and 3 serious ones of the 3 serious one is kinda grounded one is kinda ruthless and the other one is a stick in the mud.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
What i took away from the show is that they made it as realistic as possible with the characters and how a person like Ava would react being "The chosen one". Sister Mary MAKES the show, it's usually the main character that's the bad a*s so for the bad a*s character to be Scottie Pippen was a different pace for me that i still enjoyed. Overall great series and hopefully we do get season 2 as long as MARY is in it. The ending left it on a cliff hanger so we'll just have to see. :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What i took away from the show is that they made it as realistic as possible with the characters and how a person like Ava would react being "The chosen one". Sister Mary MAKES the show, it's usually the main character that's the bad a*s so for the bad a*s character to be Scottie Pippen was a different pace for me that i still enjoyed. Overall great series and hopefully we do get season 2 as long as MARY is in it. The ending left it on a cliff hanger so we'll just have to see. :francis:
Mary makes Ava tolerable when the two are together.