Warrior Nun | Official Trailer | Netflix 7/2

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I watched most of this today. The main character is pretty insufferable. The black woman Shotgun Mary is easily the best character on the show. I have a couple episodes left. Overall it was worth watching. The show needed more demon fighting and less teenage drama though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
what its about?
It was supposed to be about a team of secret demon hunting nuns in the Catholic Church. One of them has an angel’s halo in her back that gives her supernatural powers. Turns out that’s part of it but not really the main focus.

Basically the main character is dead at the start. The lead nun of the team with the halo gets killed and through circumstances the halo is hidden in the back of the main character and it brings her back to life. This whole series is mostly her second shot at life and her figuring herself out. Her original life was very bad.

The show is best when it’s focused on the team of battle Nuns and is pretty rough when it’s about her finding herself away from any of the team members.

It’s like a B- series. Maybe C+. It’s not bad but not great. It did entertain me and I don’t regret watching it nor did I ever feel like dropping it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just watched the last episode. I need more of this. Everything went crazy all of a sudden. Plot twist I wasn't really expecting because I wasn't even looking for them.

Warning: This doesn't have an ending. It literally stops in the middle of everything as it gets to the best part of the series. Lots of unanswered plot threads that I assume will be addressed in future season(s).

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I watched most of this today. The main character is pretty insufferable. The black woman Shotgun Mary is easily the best character on the show. I have a couple episodes left. Overall it was worth watching. The show needed more demon fighting and less teenage drama though.
it's a tie between her, lilith and that asian chick :lolbron:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
8 episodes in and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.
It's pretty unfortunate that you never really get the full team intact until the end. The first season was horribly paced. Fights are minimal and the lead spends most of the time running away from her destiny. The ending is unforgivable if there isn't a second season. It's not really appropriate to end a season just as the arc is about to ramp up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's pretty unfortunate that you never really get the full team intact until the end. The first season was horribly paced. Fights are minimal and the lead spends most of the time running away from her destiny. The ending is unforgivable if there isn't a second season. It's not really appropriate to end a season just as the arc is about to ramp up.
Yeah it took way too long to get Ava on board with the other nuns.

They should've spent 3 episodes tops with her rebelling against them before she bought into the mission and started her training.

Instead they took a lead character who was a hard sell from jump and just made her more unlikable for 85% of the whole damn season .

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah it took way too long to get Ava on board with the other nuns.

They should've spent 3 episodes tops with her rebelling against them before she bought into the mission and started her training.

Instead they took a lead character who was a hard sell from jump and just made her more unlikable for 85% of the whole damn season .
I liked her well enough once she joined the team. Before then she was pretty annoying. Her immaturity plays well with most of the rest of them being so serious. The show has a long way to go to be solid but it did enough to keep me watching. That's more than I can say for The Order which is also on Netflix. It's like a show where 95% of the cast has the maturity level of Ava.

It's so stupid cause that damn monster chasing her down required her to join anyway.