Wargroove (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the pixel art in this game is by far the best thing about it. downplaying quality 2d is straight up misguided

the presentation in this game is amazing. the problems lie in the pacing. if anything its obvious the developers sipped their own koolaid on the design aspects - there's no reason both battle animations shouldn't play out at the same time. the game takes an unreasonable amount of time to get from point A to point B

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Im just baffled by some of the complaints in here. Did you guys not read anything about the game prior to playing it? Everyone who knew anything about the game said it was basically a reskin of Advance Wars. The things you are complaining about are basically things that are nothing new and were knew about day one.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Im just baffled by some of the complaints in here. Did you guys not read anything about the game prior to playing it? Everyone who knew anything about the game said it was basically a reskin of Advance Wars. The things you are complaining about are basically things that are nothing new and were knew about day one.
naw

advance wars, outside of the naval aspects, was damn near perfect

i don't understand how you can copy and paste with 10+ years of plotting and put out an inferior copy

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
naw

i don't understand how you can copy and paste with 10+ years of plotting and put out an inferior copy

I prefer the setting of Advance Wars over this but I'm enjoying Wargroove. Have you tried Tiny Metal?

Tiny%20Metal3.gif

2e09639d7a995ea01e245930597adb40.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
naw

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think its as good as AW(I've been waiting for a new one since DoR) but think its a solid game either way.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
anyone peep into the breach?
Into the breach had a legit argument for game of the year for a lot of people man lol

its in a whole other ballpark than this.

that might be the problem too. you can't play stardew valley, faster than light, celeste, and into the breach - then see all the hype for this and NOT be let down hard

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Into The Breach is a different vibe completely. Unless you playing on the easiest difficulty, you will barely get by and will be mad stressed out, and that's the point lol

Different unlockable squads, RPG elements on your run, randomized everything.... It's a lot more replayable.

But Wargroove also has a nice multiplayer component, the map editor, and is a more relaxed experience. I prefer ITB, but others may not