Warframe is the Best Shooter on Nintendo Switch

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Warframe will now only be 12GB

As mentioned in our Console Update 30.90 Status thread, a big change is coming to Nintendo Switch - we have upgraded the texture compression settings to benefit from some major size reduction gains. After the remaster, Warframe on Nintendo Switch will go from 25 GB to ~12 GB! Which means that Warframe will fall under the base memory allowance and can be downloaded without the need of an additional memory card (and no other games).

You may have seen us announce Warframe Mobile at Tennocon 2021 - as this continues to develop, we have been able to apply some major texture optimization wins and technology from our Mobile learnings to our Nintendo Switch version of Warframe! Seeing as this is a pretty massive change to the platform, and while we are testing as much as we possibly can, we will absolutely be on the lookout for your reports on any texture issues you encounter once it goes live.

Over the course of Warframe’s 3 years on the Nintendo Switch, we have done many remasters to help reduce the overall size of the game on the platform. From overarching optimizations done on initial launch, to the cache cleanup with the launch of Fortuna, to the recent Soft Shader Remaster with the Sisters of Parvos update, making Warframe run as efficiently as possible is always something we strive for when developing Updates for the Switch. The Switch team has worked tirelessly over these past years to make several optimizations, size reductions, and more. We’ll continue to streamline as we continue mobile development and hopefully glean further optimizations.

Please note that once the update is live, the download size will appear larger (11 GB) than the update’s actual total size. This is due to the remastering process touching on everything in the game, so it will take longer than a traditional download to apply the remaster and update content. However, once it is complete, the update’s total size will only be ~120 MB . Prepare for the update by making sure you have at least 11 GB free on your Switch in order for the download and its remaster portion to begin once it is live.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Warframe is cool but I had to put it down.
I wasn’t expecting it to be that deep.
Use to play wit my older brother couple years back.

might dl again just to play it a couple times a week

It is crack when u start u locking stuff

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

F4fP5VzXsAA8HvV

Rebb Ford plotted out a new update/story so awesome that actually connected to Digital Extreme's first game Dark Sector that when the former lead developer Steve Sinclair found out about it, he took a break from working on his new game Soulframe, to help her.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

i would like to ask for Cross Platform Clan turned on for my clan but I can't contact the Founding Warlord. He quit playing Warframe over a year ago but I'm still in his clan of 7 members. had to create a support ticket. if your going through the same thing here's a link.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

i would like to ask for Cross Platform Clan turned on for my clan but I can't contact the Founding Warlord. He quit playing Warframe over a year ago but I'm still in his clan of 7 members. had to create a support ticket. if your going through the same thing here's a link.

Add me breh @pootytang324 ima hop on today. I can get you in my clan if you want

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Add me breh @pootytang324 ima hop on today. I can get you in my clan if you want
The only reason I never changed clans is cause of two reasons: 1.) When I first started playing Warframe it was on Switch and I had no experience about the game so I actually dumped in a lot of freaking Platinum by way of Forma and Resources into the Clan Research projects. I had no idea the value of stuff I was spending frivolously. So I'm like damn I fukked up and put all that money in the clan I might as well stick with it even if its dead cause I spent too much money on that shyt when I didnt know better.

Reason 2.) After DE upgraded my privileges today, I'm now the founding Warlord of the Nintenno Prime Alliance that has around 30 clans under it. The reason is cause when Switch Warframe came out, the founder of my clan created a Discord for Nintendo Switch gamers that currently has over 2k members.

I don't need the responsibility but at least I'll be able to maintain the clan in case the founder comes back and if I ever got bored I'd have some extra shyt to do.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
The only reason I never changed clans is cause of two reasons: 1.) When I first started playing Warframe it was on Switch and I had no experience about the game so I actually dumped in a lot of freaking Platinum by way of Forma and Resources into the Clan Research projects. I had no idea the value of stuff I was spending frivolously. So I'm like damn I fukked up and put all that money in the clan I might as well stick with it even if its dead cause I spent too much money on that shyt when I didnt know better.

Reason 2.) After DE upgraded my privileges today, I'm now the founding Warlord of the Nintenno Prime Alliance that has around 30 clans under it. The reason is cause when Switch Warframe came out, the founder of my clan created a Discord for Nintendo Switch gamers that currently has over 2k members.

I don't need the responsibility but at least I'll be able to maintain the clan in case the founder comes back and if I ever got bored I'd have some extra shyt to do.
my bad my username on there is pootytang123

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
  1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.
  2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.