WaPo Columnist Jamal Khashoggi killed by Saudis in Turkey; Senators Mull Magnitsky Sanctions

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's mbs or house of saud. One has to take a big hit for this.
Its been long stated that the American officials are fans of MbN ( his uncle who he sidelined and has on house arrest). Wonder if theyll try to prompt a move where he gives up his succession.

Graham is Graham but he hasnt even budged a bit from the tough talk last week, despite Trump's change in narrative. That suggests some Congressional heat is inevitable. This aint going away anytime soon :mjgrin:

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Its been long stated that the American officials are fans of MbN ( his uncle who he sidelined and has on house arrest). Wonder if theyll try to prompt a move where he gives up his succession.

Graham is Graham but he hasnt even budged a bit from the tough talk last week, despite Trump's change in narrative. That suggests some Congressional heat is inevitable. This aint going away anytime soon :mjgrin:

Graham and Rubio don't sound like theyre bluffing at all.

MbS will never be able to set foot in Saudi Arabia if he gets sidelined. As many royals as he's killed/tortured/arrested/robbed.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Can someone explain why this is such a big deal. Aren't these people always like this?

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
Can someone explain why this is such a big deal. Aren't these people always like this?

The dead guy's father was a famed Saudi arms dealer, that brokered contracts between the KSA and USA for decades....

Khashoggi also was involved with the anti soviet forces (Bin Laden) that the United States financed and armed back in the late 80's and 90's

dude wasn't a civilian :ehh:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dead guy's father was a famed Saudi arms dealer, that brokered contracts between the KSA and USA for decades....

Khashoggi also was involved with the anti soviet forces (Bin Laden) that the United States financed and armed back in the late 80's and 90's

dude wasn't a civilian :ehh:

Did you get this from the FDRLST? :heh: Adnan Khashoggi (his uncle not his father) has nothing to do with this. He lived outside of Saudi most of his life and fell out of favour with the Royals after the Cold War.

Jamal also did not fight in the Afghan-Soviet war, he was a journalist for Saudi's only English newspaper at the time.

This is a big deal because a) the guy was well connected b) he wrote for a major newspaper in DC c) he was among their most well known intellectuals/voices in the West d) the incredibly public and political manner of his death in a foreign country with geopolitical influence and competition with Saudi

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416

1-back in the 60s and 70s ya you would get dissidents killed overseas but it's 2018 and the climate (media, domestic access to information, geopolitical considerations) is much different

2-dude was not a political opponent but rather a journalist

3-dude was a renowned journalist, with deep ties

4-dude wasn't even a dissident in a traditional sense, he just expressed some common sense criticism that would've been much more tolerated just a couple years ago, even in Saudi Arabia

5-dude got killed in a consulate

6-dude got killed in turkey

7-this is just the latest in a series of stupid decisions by Mbs

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
This is a big deal because a) the guy was well connected c) he was among their most well known intellectuals/voices in the West d) the incredibly public and political manner of his death in a foreign country with geopolitical influence and competition with Saudi

Ah his uncle, thanks for clarifying. I didn't say he fought in the war :russ: but if you are a traveling reporter with Bin Laden for nearly a decade you're prolly connected

Everything you said is echoing what I was getting at. This dude was connected, and there are likely unreported reasons that might give clarify why he was killed

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah his uncle, thanks for clarifying. I didn't say he fought in the war :russ: but if you are a traveling reporter with Bin Laden for nearly a decade you're prolly connected

Everything you said is echoing what I was getting at. This dude was connected, and there are likely unreported reasons that might give clarify why he was killed
My bad I misunderstood. Thought you were echoing Trumpset media sources who are pushing the "hes a terrorist" angle :francis:

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
My bad I misunderstood. Thought you were echoing Trumpset media sources who are pushing the "hes a terrorist" angle :francis:

If anything he might have been an intelligence asset to any number of agencies. But a Terrorist? nah. All I'm sure of is it's deeper than rap, and if they get the Saudis to admit they "accidentally" killed him during an interrogation that should raise some red flags.