Want to escape the rat race? Get rid of your whip

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I don't think people realize how much their financials are handicapped by having a car

I got rid of mine 2 years ago and my life has been much better since then. Saving so much money, walking/biking everywhere, living downtown and just enjoying life

Consider it brehs it could be the answer to your financial woes

Pester_Stone

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only use my whip to go out to the suburbs and get groceries. fukk I look like driving around everywhere paying out the ass for gas. Walking and biking everywhere is good for you, and you never have to worry about getting your drunk ass home from the bar, cant get a DUI while walking. Its a win win if you can pull it off

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think people realize how much their financials are handicapped by having a car

I got rid of mine 2 years ago and my life has been much better since then. Saving so much money, walking/biking everywhere, living downtown and just enjoying life

Consider it brehs it could be the answer to your financial woes

Try getting away with that in florida...downtown maybe but any other residential or suburbian area, you need private transportation..you are lucky

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
this is truth, ever since getting a car i fukked up my money game up something serious with payments and insurance.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My sister got rid of Her car like four years ago an hasn't had one since. When she lived solo she would bike and walk. But she got no kids or nothing and it was just her so it was feasible. Plus he lived like two blocks from two different trains and the bus stopped in front of her crib. Now she married and they just moved to a different part of the city. Her husband has his car still, but she still don't have a car. She jut don't give a fukk since she used to it. I don't know how they survive off one car tho. Like I said its much easier wih no kids to shuttle around.

I could survive without a car if it were just me. But wih a fam, that ain't happening. And we got good public transportation out here too.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
i get what you're saying, but i also hate public transportation because my office is in an area where that's incredibly shytty. i've seen bedbugs flying around the bus and gross, unhygienic people everywhere coughing and picking their noses. i rather drive. unless you live and work in the same area, it's not feasible to do everything via public transit, walking or biking.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
i get what you're saying, but i also hate public transportation because my office is in an area where that's incredibly shytty. i've seen bedbugs flying around the bus and gross, unhygienic people everywhere coughing and picking their noses. i rather drive. unless you live and work in the same area, it's not feasible to do everything via public transit, walking or biking.

My job is 25 mi from my crib up in the suburbs and in Chicago traffic, public transportation is cheaper and faster than driving. Especially on Friday evenings where it's a guarantee that if I drove it'd take me 2 hrs to get home. I usually drive earlier in the week and take the train later in the week cuz that's when traffic gets progressively worse out here. Plus a round trip on public transportation is only $4.50 to travel those 50 miles whereas it cost me like $10 a day in fuel to drive.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
nah, i need the whip.

there is some other bullshyt i probably should cut out though.
:beli:

At least till u move. Zipcar

But yea non car living doesn't work for 90% of the country. Its def a financial albatross... then again though, a lot of people buy cars that are too expensive. All you need is like a $5000 Corolla. No reason to have a note really

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Try living in the suburbs

When I did not drive it took me like 2.5 hours on te bus to get to work and back

Now I can get home in half n hour