Waitstation 4 huh? Here's a look at what we're "waiting" for..

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
According to them the kinect gonna have groundbreaking tech so they will probably have some connection to the Feds

Watch there be a big news story, man arrested after beating wife, caught with xbox one camera :snoop:

This stupid line of thinking is stupid.

There is no possible way the government can stream nonstop HD videos of your living room through your isp without you knowing.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think about how you play a FPS one stick is your movement the other stick controls your aim. The oculus rift could never be as precise as your thumb stick. And using both your thumb stuck and your neck to aim would be even worse.

The rift can be applied successfully in very limited situations

I would imagine you wouldn't use your neck to aim, you would use a motion controller like move or wiimote. I know people shyt on motion controls but they can be done right (RE4 wii version for example) VR would seemingly require them. But you would still be able to use the controller to walk and run and shyt like that, so you wouldn't have to run around your room on some kinect shyt.

Design wise at this point it wouldn't be the most difficult thing to place someone within a full 3D environment. shyt the wii u already has touched on what I'm saying with a few things like the scanner in Zombi U, the camera in Pikmin 3 or even the main section of Nintendo Land. Each of these combine motion controls with 3D visual environments allowing you to actually look around the entire environment through the gamepad. im talking 360 degrees. I can only imagine how imersive that would be with a VR headset. From what I've read the main thing to prevent headaches and dizziness is that it needs to be at 60fps which I don't think will be all that difficult for the PS4. Gameplay wise it would seemingly be easier to incorporate a VR headset with a move controller than it is to incorporate Kinect with no controller.

And I have actually been somewhat excited about the prospect of illumiroom and augmented reality but those things haven't been mentioned pretty much all year. And a fully realized Virtual Reality set would seemingly be much much better than augmented reality.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I would imagine you wouldn't use your neck to aim, you would use a motion controller like move or wiimote. I know people shyt on motion controls but they can be done right (RE4 wii version for example) VR would seemingly require them. But you would still be able to use the controller to walk and run and shyt like that, so you wouldn't have to run around your room on some kinect shyt.

Design wise at this point it wouldn't be the most difficult thing to place someone within a full 3D environment. shyt the wii u already has touched on what I'm saying with a few things like the scanner in Zombi U, the camera in Pikmin 3 or even the main section of Nintendo Land. Each of these combine motion controls with 3D visual environments allowing you to actually look around the entire environment through the gamepad. im talking 360 degrees. I can only imagine how imersive that would be with a VR headset. From what I've read the main thing to prevent headaches and dizziness is that it needs to be at 60fps which I don't think will be all that difficult for the PS4. Gameplay wise it would seemingly be easier to incorporate a VR headset with a move controller than it is to incorporate Kinect with no controller.

And I have actually been somewhat excited about the prospect of illumiroom and augmented reality but those things haven't been mentioned pretty much all year. And a fully realized Virtual Reality set would seemingly be much much better than augmented reality.

What I'm saying is the games would have to be totaly seperate. There's no way you could use oculus rift and compete with someone with a controller in COD.

OR exclusive games could work, but like you said you'd need another motion controller or kinect to make it work like real VR

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What I'm saying is the games would have to be totaly seperate. There's no way you could use oculus rift and compete with someone with a controller in COD.

OR exclusive games could work, but like you said you'd need another motion controller or kinect to make it work like real VR
You do realize that you can use your controller with the Occulus Rift right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. Tell me how it could work playing in killzone against people with controllers?

The occulus rift is not like the Kinect. Your being very dumb right now knowing damn well it's not the same thing.

It's like asking me how would someone playing COD on a 3dTV play against people using controllers...

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Struggle post.

Tryna hide the tears with your trademark gif but it ain't working :heh:

The future of gaming is on PS4 :blessed:

The future of NFL viewing.. Xbox One :scusthov:

XBOX got this gen breh......embrace that reality
b5qsmv.gif

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
What Kinect does with tracking your motion has more to do with eventual Virtual Reality than sticking some screen in front of your face

Next generation if we are blessed enough to have some type of running commercial VR software / peripherals in our consoles, you'll be thankful for the work M$ and Kinect did to push the medium forward the last 2 generations.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The occulus rift is not like the Kinect. Your being very dumb right now knowing damn well it's not the same thing.

It's like asking me how would someone playing COD on a 3dTV play against people using controllers...

:stopitslime: like I said it will work for driving games and other limited first person scenarios. And even then it faces the challenge of being a single person screen. That's kinda the reason 3d TV never really caught on. Only people with glasses on could enjoy it.

I'm not trying to downplay it at all. I'd love to play it myself. All I'm saying is it has a lot of challenges to face in order to become viable as a mainstream device.

Actually one of the most interesting things I've seen with the rift involved a treadmill and a kinect, it looked really cool, but it will never be standard in anyone's home. It would be great at an arcade though:ehh:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
You ever see Steve martin's movie "the jerk"

He sells all those glasses and people's faces get like
ku-medium.jpg

What if this device does that

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
You ever see Steve martin's movie "the jerk"

He sells all those glasses and people's faces get like
ku-medium.jpg

What if this device does that

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
shyt has been out for a couple years plus its $800, i wonder about the quality of it, and the price of the console version, also the adoption rate, and how it will affect the quantity, and quality of games for it. Or will 1st party games incorporate it also you are gonna want more than one. :patrice:Let my pay that $100 upfront for the kinect and me and 5 friends can use it at once...I aint ballin like you nikkas, good luck with it tho, I huess we will get more info soon tho, ill be peepin during the presentation
http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Viewer-Sony-Hmzt2-Import/dp/B005SCYZGA

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hahaha...playstanley logic...

I don't want a camera that integrates motion and voice controls seamlessly. That's a gimmick. I want a fukking helmet to wear on my head while I game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://www.tpreview.co.uk/blog/2013/09/03/new-head-mounted-display-sony/

So basically its just a tv you put on your head that is hella expensive. Wait for it....

That actually sounds cool, specifically this part
the HMZ-T3W apparently produces the effect of watching a 750 inch screen from 20 metres away.

It costs a lot but a comparable home theater system would be a lot more. This is probably a super immersive experience. I couldn't get one cause I'd never have a time when I could really close out the rest of the world and dive into some games.

I could only imagine the fukkery my kids would get into if I had this thing on.:heh: