Waitstation 4 huh? Here's a look at what we're "waiting" for..

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That dude is just being thick. No one in their right mind can be that dumb to not be able to discern the differences between a VR headset and some gimmicky motion detection camera.

Not really.

The oculus rift faces the same challenges as kinect.

Just like you wouldn't want to satnd up and run around to play a traditional game on kinect. You wouldn't want to with the rift.

Most traditional games won't work right with it. Racing games and maybe first person adventure games without much combat, but other than that it will be hard for devs to incorporate it into core gaming.

In my opinion kinect has a better chance at wide success because you don't have to wear it, and because its more flexible. It can be incorporated in a multitude of different ways.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really.

Just like you wouldn't want to satnd up and run around to play a traditional game on kinect. You wouldn't want to with the rift.

Most traditional games won't work right with it. Racing games and maybe adventure games without much combat, but other than that it will be hard for devs to incorporate it into core gaming.

In my opinion kinect has a better chance at wide success because you don't have to wear it, and because its more flexible. It can be incorporated in a multitude of different ways.
:snoop:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

then why can't you guys explain how it'll be used in games? im not talking about it recognizing you and configging your controls. where are the actual kinect games, and how will xbox exclusives implement kinect into gameplay?

kinect is a camera, similar to pseye. this device, if real, is similar to the occulus rift. , i expect you to play dumb until M$ announces something similar though :heh:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really.

Most traditional games won't work right with it. Racing games and maybe first person adventure games without much combat, but other than that it will be hard for devs to incorporate it into core gaming.

Not the same thing. Kinect is motion based and very specifically you don't use a controller. VR is vision based with a motion controlled headset and additional controller capabilities. Given that most games in all genres (aside from 2D scrollers) use 3D environments and characters in the design it would not be a great stretch to place the character in the environment with motion controlled headset and a controller for moving the character around within the environment.Az VR utilizing both motion and traditional controls would not be the hardest thing for developers. The main challenge is designing the tech in a way that doesn't cause headaches and dizziness with the headset on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
then why can't you guys explain how it'll be used in games? im not talking about it recognizing you and configging your controls. where are the actual kinect games, and how will xbox exclusives implement kinect into gameplay?

kinect is a camera, similar to pseye. this device, if real, is similar to the occulus rift. , i expect you to play dumb until M$ announces something similar though :heh:

That's the good stuff for core gaming. The approach with kinect is different this gen. It's about enhancing controller gaming instead of replacing it.

The made for kinect games will still be fun, kinect sports looks great. But kinect will impact core gaming in a different way.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the good stuff for core gaming. The approach with kinect is different this gen. It's about enhancing controller gaming instead of replacing it.

The made for kinect games will still be fun, kinect sports looks great. But kinect will impact core gaming in a different way.
then how is it enhancing controller gaming? you telling me they're forcing a 100 dollar camera down your throats just so it can change controller configurations?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not the same thing. Kinect is motion based and very specifically you don't use a controller. VR is vision based with a motion controlled headset and additional controller capabilities. Given that most games in all genres (aside from 2D scrollers) use 3D environments and characters in the design it would not be a great stretch to place the character in the environment with motion controlled headset and a controller for moving the character around within the environment.Az VR utilizing both motion and traditional controls would not be the hardest thing for developers. The main challenge is designing the tech in a way that doesn't cause headaches and dizziness with the headset on.

Think about how you play a FPS one stick is your movement the other stick controls your aim. The oculus rift could never be as precise as your thumb stick. And using both your thumb stuck and your neck to aim would be even worse.

The rift can be applied successfully in very limited situations

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
then how is it enhancing controller gaming? you telling me they're forcing a 100 dollar camera down your throats just so it can change controller configurations?
Over 8 to 10 years of use $100 is nothing.

If all it does is removes my need for a remote, it's paid for itself.

Everything else is icing on the cake. If it can enhance my games in unique ways, I'm all for it.

Think about how manny games you create a player in. Kinect will allow you to put yourself in those games. That's worth $100 over an entire gen.

It's not about the one game that makes kinect worth it. It's about the culmination of everything you can do with it.

Full living room Skype is worth it, so we can see the grandparents on Christmas, voice controlls, facial recognition ect, ect, ect

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Over 8 to 10 years of use $100 is nothing.

If all it does is removes my need for a remote, it's paid for itself.

Everything else is icing on the cake. If it can enhance my games in unique ways, I'm all for it.

Think about how manny games you create a player in. Kinect will allow you to put yourself in those games. That's worth $100 over an entire gen.

It's not about the one game that makes kinect worth it. It's about the culmination of everything you can do with it.

Full living room Skype is worth it, so we can see the grandparents on Christmas, voice controlls, facial recognition ect, ect, ect

so basically kinect is not really for gaming, just a bunch of other shyt. got it.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
:laff:
b5qsmv.gif
Struggle post.

Tryna hide the tears with your trademark gif but it ain't working :heh:

The future of gaming is on PS4 :blessed:

The future of NFL viewing.. Xbox One :scusthov:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
ironically, i don't think having a nsa-box-one staring at you while smoking weed will be an enjoyable event. y'all better call ya dealer from another room and tell ya kinect it's just cigarettes. :pachaha:
According to them the kinect gonna have groundbreaking tech so they will probably have some connection to the Feds

Watch there be a big news story, man arrested after beating wife, caught with xbox one camera :snoop: