Wait a minute, those nigggas selling burned CDs in the parking lot were making millions?

Was burning CDs really lucrative bacc in the day?

• Yes, what type of question is that?

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No, they’re cappin

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

UpThruDere

Youtube.com/weupthrudere Subscribe!
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FLA
When I worked at a warehouse during the bootleg mixtape/dvd era I was making an extra 600-700 a week by supplying everyone there with the latest music, movies, it would especially go crazy when something leaked ahead of time cause folks wasn’t that internet savy

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
When I 1st moved to GA my brother was working at truck stop as a over night cashier basic ass job right. We get to the crib and he tells me to come look. This nikka lift up his mattress he got a stack of work checks. Im looking like wtf breh "I thought you was the smart muhfukka you trying to go to prison like me". I thought he was selling work and saving all his checks from the gas station lmaoooo. This muhfukka say nah "Im selling CDs". He pulled out a old school 90s cd book that could hold like 150 Cds in it of all burned CDs. This nikka started paying me to burn all the CDs for him before he would go to work at night. Now he was getting original copies from Flea markets and stuff at the time we wasnt hip to the internet as far as downloading wise. He used to sell out that whole cd case damn near every other night. Fast forward a few years we on the downloading game now and movies is booming way harder than cds. This is around the time i found SOHH. I came across message boards because of looking for cds to download to sell. I would sell cds and movies myself but majority of the time i was making all of his because that was guaranteed money everyday for me but i tell you no LIE i made more money selling cds and dvds than i did when i was fukking with work that shyt was a goldmine. In my eyes it was legal too cause nobdy wasnt busting people for selling CDs or Dvds that was a wild ass time for me i aint gone cap. My brother wasnt giving no deals either especially on DVDs cause we was having shyt before anybody cause we was downloading for ourself instead of waiting for other bootleg nikkas to sell it to us. I used to joke around all the time and say I used to make more money off of gucci mane cds than he was making his self :russ:
This don't even make sense.

Why the fukk would he have a bunch of work checks under his mattress?:francis:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Didn’t they also make a lot of money selling leaked albums before they officially released?

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Didn’t they also make a lot of money selling leaked albums before they officially released?
Alot of things were definitely releasing way early. CDs especially but theatre movies also. I remember we got a screener copy of that Frank Lucas movie almost a month i want to say before it came out in theatres. A screener is basically a dvd copy of the movie no one walking through the camera no audience laughing none of that shyt. shyt was wild it was basically free money back then from the internet you just had to have a little knowledge about where to find shyt to download and how to burn a blank cd or dvd.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
61UAkp3LBrL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

:banderas: Bought a box Chevy off this album.

I had it nearly a year before it dropped and taxed tf outta crehs for it at two different high schools, then hit the hood and flooded it.

:salute:My lil thalia court potna, wherever you are.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He probably was fighting hella viruses downloading them songs lol

LOL yeah he was trying to say something like that, he was stumbling and mumbling trying to get more money and I just threw him $5 and walked off

why did I even do my homie like that I don't know, but I was kinda subtly flexing

but like a year after we were best friends for about 22 years until he died