VP Harris & Treas. Sec. pledge support to Black businesses(with transcript of meeting)

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
They have no real solutions that's why it's hard to take them serious
Is reparations or policy specific to black Americans a realistic solution that will raise black American wealth? If not, knowing the history of black Americans in this country, what is a “real” solution(s)?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Is reparations or policy specific to black Americans a realistic solution that will raise black American wealth? If not, knowing the history of black Americans in this country, what is a “real” solution(s)?
Right. Policy for black Americans and reparations are the real solutions.

Your method for getting there was to tell black people to stay at home and not vote

That would've left you with 4 more years of Trump where you'd be guaranteed to never have a shot at either solutions. Ever.

It would've been the worst mistake imaginable. Yet that was yalls best solution.

This why no one take yall serious

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

Your method for getting there was to tell black people to stay at home and not vote

That would've left you with 4 more years of Trump where you'd be guaranteed to never have a shot at either solutions. Ever.

It would've been the worst mistake imaginable. Yet that was yalls best solution.

You attacked me, and nowhere in my post did I attack you. I just wanted to know your solutions, and judging by your reaction, you don’t have solutions either. You just want to get on here and talk down on individuals you feel are lesser.

I didn’t advocate for anyone to stay home during the election. In fact, I believe in voting and have stated such. I’m in Georgia, and voted for both Warnock and Ossoff. I’m really for reparations, and have stated that any type of reparations policy will require big government. I voted for a Dem candidate for senate in Georgia that was specifically for reparations, and when that didn’t work, I turned tide and voted Warnock and Ossof. As for you taking me seriously? I really don’t care. My black American community that I live in, my family, and the heads at my job do. That’s all I’m concerned with.

Now, again. What solutions do you suggest? I just want the wealth to go up. That is all I care about. I live in a city that is 95% black American. I see both the good and bad, so I just want the wealth to increase. Will that happen going the current path? If you can’t definitively answer this, then maybe it’s you who shouldn’t be taken seriously. And before you bring up the other side, I know it won’t happen with a Republican.

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You attacked me, and nowhere in my post did I attack you. I just wanted to know your solutions, and judging by your reaction, you don’t have solutions either. You just want to get on here and talk down on individuals you feel are lesser.
I said it's hard to take "don't vote" crew serious. you quoted me out of nowhere and now claim I'm attacking you. Are you the president of don't vote crew or something? :dead:

I didn’t advocate for anyone to stay home during the election.
then you're not "don't vote" crew and the post isn't aimed towards you at all so i have no idea why you even quoted me. unless you're one of those "don't vote president but vote downballot" which is the same as don't vote no matter how much mental gymnastics you try to play in your head to convince yourself that you're winning some moral victory :heh:

As for you taking me seriously? I really don’t care. My black American community that I live in, my family, and the heads at my job do. That’s all I’m concerned with.
They actually don't take you seriously in what you were advocating for, seeing how so many black americans voted (for the president) in this past election.

Now, again. What solutions do you suggest? I just want the wealth to go up. That is all I care about. I live in a city that is 95% black American. I see both the good and bad, so I just want the wealth to increase. Will that happen going the current path? And before you bring up the other side, I know it won’t happen with a Republican.
Understanding that right now we still unfortunately have to operate in a 2-party system, then it was clear as day that the best solution is the current path that we're on. It's the path that a majority of African Americans chose 3 months ago. Voting for the presidential candidate that would give them the best chance at some form of reparations or policy specific towards AA. They also followed up with the Georgia runoff elections. Now the next step is to hold the president accountable which is what I see happening right now. I see black civil rights leaders who have demanded their solutions for theAA community be heard and applied by highest level of the government. Biden so far seems to be willing to listen seeing as how he's committed to meeting with them quarterly. So to answer your question will it happen with the current path? I could be wrong but based on what I've seen so far I'm optimistic. Time will tell.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

So...what about voting Democrat for the last half century worked, and what will continuing to vote Democrat for nothing accomplish? They got the default black votes and are back to ignoring our needs. What's different this time?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@BigAggieLean.

The man who heads the US Black Chamber of Commerce, Ron Busby, speaks here
@:50 he begins his response to the first questions.

He's been on that time and specifically promoting that. The forum in OP , where some of the leaders of the business communities bring up specific concerns to the Treasury Sec. aligns with what he's been promoting. He's promoting his agenda AND educating those he represents about how to best take advantage of existing policies and programs.

Going to update this thread throughout Yellen's term.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
@BigAggieLean.

The man who heads the US Black Chamber of Commerce, Ron Busby, speaks here
@:50 he begins his response to the first questions.

He's been on that time and specifically promoting that. The forum in OP , where some of the leaders of the business communities bring up specific concerns to the Treasury Sec. aligns with what he's been promoting. He's promoting his agenda AND educating those he represents about how to best take advantage of existing policies and programs.

Going to update this thread throughout Yellen's term.

Thanks for posting. I’ll give it a listen on my commute home.

Hopefully, this information is getting out to all who wants and needs to hear. If the support is there, we should see an uptick in black American businesses. This should also trigger an increase in black Americans homeownership, and overall wealth. The numbers will tell us all.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thanks for posting. I’ll give it a listen on my commute home.

Hopefully, this information is getting out to all who wants and needs to hear. If the support is there, we should see an uptick in black American businesses. This should also trigger an increase in black Americans homeownership, and overall wealth. The numbers will tell us all.
You're welcome.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The Future of Work: Black-Owned Businesses and the Digital Divide

The continued fight for social justice and the COVID-19 pandemic has brought us an unparalleled opportunity to focus our efforts on the fundamental values of fairness and equity as we rebuild our economy and workforce for the future. This unprecedented crisis has also demonstrated that economic opportunity and access to affordable, reliable broadband are inextricably tied. The policies necessary to bridge the digital divide must center the most marginalized, including Black-owned businesses and Black workers who have been disproportionately impacted by the economic crisis.

This panel discussion, hosted virtually by FCC Commissioner Geoffrey Starks, will convene leaders from the African American Mayors Association, the Black Economic Alliance, the Institute for Intellectual Property and Social Justice, and U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. The event will be live streamed via WebEx.

Attendees can access the event via WebEx at:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

https://www.score.org/black-entrepreneurs#main-content
SCORE for Black Entrepreneurs

Black_Entreprenuerrs_Hero-ver3.jpg

Right now, Black entrepreneurs are facing unique barriers to business success.

SCORE_2015_R_NOTagline.jpg

At SCORE, we’re working to change that by removing those obstacles and providing Black small business owners with access to personalized support. That’s why we created SCORE for Black Entrepreneurs: to meet you where you are and get you where you want to go.

Black-owned businesses were more likely to seek – but less likely to receive – outside funding.
- The Megaphone Of Main Street: The Impact of Covid-19, Impact on Black-owned Small Businesses

new-loans.jpg

NEW LOANS
  • 26.5% of White-owned businesses applied, and 54.2% were approved.
  • 47.7% of Black-owned businesses applied, and 22.3% were approved.
delays-for-existing-loan-payments.jpg

DELAYS FOR EXISTING LOAN PAYMENTS
  • 19.9% of White-owned businesses applied for delays, and 72.4% were approved.
  • 39.8% of Black-owned businesses applied for delays, and 33.6% were approved.

SCORE is Here to Help.
Black small business owners and their communities have faced extraordinary challenges over the years. Now, we have an opportunity to do better. With over 50 years of experience, SCORE is renewing our commitment to being part of the solution. We’re here to close the opportunity gap. We’re here to take action. We’re here to give you the tools to meet and overcome any business challenge so that you can succeed.

Supporting Black-Owned Businesses.
Building a small business might seem daunting, but it’s more possible than you think. See how we’ve helped other aspiring entrepreneurs achieve their business goals.

“I can’t adequately express how much of a lifeline SCORE has been to us.”

- Rozalynn Goodwin, GaBBY Bows

“I did not want my legacy to be a cubicle”

- Reginald Quarles, Teatopia

“No one should be afraid to do something because they don’t know the answer.”

- Derschaun Sharpley, Helping Individuals Succeed Agency

thumbnail_ursula-salon-image-%281%29.jpg

"There’s not enough ink in my pen to write about everything that’s great about my mentor, Mr. Mark Maguire. What makes him an exceptional mentor are the qualities he possesses naturally: his willingness to share his genius, skills, knowledge, and expertise - at a level that’s not condescending or confusing - in a concise manner that makes it easy to understand."

- Ursula Augustine, Ursula's About Phace Rittenhouse Studio

Read Ursula's Story

Get Mentoring Support.
What if you could sit down with someone who has been in your exact shoes? Someone who has experienced and overcome the challenges that systemic racism has caused Black entrepreneurs.

As a SCORE client, it’s as easy as that. We have a diverse group of experienced, volunteer mentors available to answer any and every question you have about starting and growing your small business.

Find Your SCORE Mentor

Learn What You Need to Know.
We recently spoke with our clients to fully understand the challenges facing Black small business owners today. Before most Black entrepreneurs even open their doors, they face a range of obstacles, from a lack of capital to difficulty accessing government programs—not to mention encountering bias and racism along the way.

SCORE’s Resource Library includes hundreds of free articles, templates, tools, videos, and checklists to meet any business need. You can sort by entrepreneur type, topic, and business stage to find exactly what you’re looking for.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

2/23/21
The Biden-Harris administration has made several considerable changes to the latest round of paycheck protection program funding. They have pledged to assist the smallest businesses this time around, and those that were left behind in previous relief efforts.

Included in the updates, are significant increases in money allocated to small businesses with fewer than ten employees and additional support for sole proprietors, independent contractors, and self-employed individuals. They have also eliminated an exclusionary restriction that prevents small business owners with prior non-fraud felony convictions from obtaining relief through the Paycheck Protection Program.

Robert James, Chairman of the National Bankers Association and Ron Busby, President/CEO of the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. spoke with Roland Martin during Monday's edition of #RMU about the Biden-Harris plan to help small businesses

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Rouse confirmed as first Black economist to head Council of Economic Advisers
March 2021
Egan_Jimenez_DSC_1014_CRouse.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A majority of the U.S. Senate on Tuesday voted to confirm Cecilia Rouse as chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, making her the first Black economist to serve in the post.

Rouse was confirmed in an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote of 95-4, with one senator not voting.

Rouse, 57, a labor economist and former dean of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, has pledged to work for a more equitable and just economy that serves all the people after years of widening gaps and disparities.

She will join other powerful women in top economic posts across the Biden administration, including Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, who was also confirmed on Tuesday.

Rouse served on the council in the Obama administration from 2009 to 2011, the worst years of the previous economic crisis. She also served in a Clinton White House economic policy post.

During her confirmation hearing in January, Rouse said more spending was needed to support the U.S. economy and keep it growing and avoid a “downward spiral” in the country’s ability to service its debt.

“One of my priorities as chair will be to try to understand how policies will impact all those in our country as we strive to ensure the economy works for everyone,” she told the Senate Banking Committee at the time.

“Far too many have slipped through our frayed safety net into hardship and hopelessness,” Rouse said. “And structural inequities that have always existed within our economy have not just been exposed, but exacerbated, their impact more devastating than ever before.”

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Shalanda Young Gets Bipartisan Support for Top OMB Post
March 8, 2021

merlin_184476039_a10594a8-8023-4a02-9bf1-2f4b3119166c-articleLarge.jpg

Shalanda Young, a native of Baton Rouge, La., who serves as clerk and staff director for the House Appropriations Committee, appears the likely choice to replace Neera Tanden as President Joe Biden’s choice to lead the Office of Management and Budget.

Reportedly, multiple Congressional Black Caucus members are pushing for the experienced Young to get the job. Several Republicans, who have otherwise shredded, demeaned, and denigrated some of the president’s minority picks, have indicated they would confirm Young.

As staff director, Young already oversees $1.3 trillion in annual appropriations bills.

She moved to Washington 20 years ago to serve as a Presidential Management Fellow at the National Institute of Health. Young, who holds a master’s degree from Tulane University and a bachelor of arts degree from Loyola University New Orleans, had voiced support for Tanden.

Tanden came under repeated fire over controversial tweets she’s posted in the past.

“You saw Neera Tanden apologize profusely about the tweets. I think what you also saw is an expansive knowledge of various policy areas,” Young told lawmakers.

“I do think we both bring some skill sets in different areas where we’d make a great team if both of us were confirmed,” she continued.

During Young’s confirmation hearing as OMB deputy director, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) vowed his support.

“You’ll get my support. Maybe for both jobs,” Graham declared.

“I think our country would be served well by Shalanda Young,” offered Rep. Rashida Talib (D-Michigan).

After removing Tanden from consideration, the White House said the president was still considering his options.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) have thrown their support behind Young for OMB’s top job.

In a joint statement released on Wednesday, Pelosi and Clyburn noted that they take great pride in recommending Young as OMB director as longtime members of the appropriations committee.

“We have worked closely with her for several years and highly recommend her for her intellect, her deep expertise on the federal budget, and her determination to ensure that our budget reflects our values as a nation,” the pair wrote. “Her legislative prowess, extensive knowledge of federal agencies, incisive strategic mind, and proven track record will be a tremendous asset to the Biden-Harris administration.

“Her leadership at OMB would be historic and would send a strong message that this administration is eager to work in close coordination with members of Congress to craft budgets that meet the challenges of our time and can secure broad, bipartisan support,” they wrote.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, Cecilia Rouse, joins Andrea Mitchell to discuss the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan that the president and vice president will be promoting this week after signing it into law. "We know that we can't get out of our economic crisis until we get through the health crisis. So the thinking behind the American Rescue Plan is that we need to address the problems caused by the pandemic," she says. Aired on 03/15/2021.