Voodoo 18th anniversary (D'angelo album)

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
2a19ca_d67c40bd579143e1bdd6f14698fba7d7~mv2.jpg

This 2016 WEB gem appears to have been taken down from whatever HiRes store once released it as I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thankfully someone managed to save this before it got removed!

I had noticed that there are gaps of silence in between tracks on this Hi-Res release, there aren't gaps on the original CD and it sounds like they weren't supposed to be here either. There is also a vocal sample ("the order of the day") at the very end of the first track that isn't on the original album. I presume this is a pre-mastered early version of the album and was not supposed to be released at all but was by accident. The gaps and that vocal sample are the only difference that I've noticed, asides from a click in One Mo'Gin that I've removed, so I removed the gaps just like how it is on the original album so that the tracks flow as they should. The actual mastering of the tracks appears to be the same, the main difference in the mastering is that none of the tracks clip. I've left it as 24/96 just because some of you might want it,

The CD was clipped at DR9. Here, you can enjoy this beautiful album in all its dynamic glory. DR13
Updated link on 17:46 GMT-0: Two tracks were joined together, was an oversight from when I was removing the gaps. I separated them and updated link

2a19ca_f743acadbda34cb68015f1030cb26b91~mv2.gif