Voodoo 18th anniversary (D'angelo album)

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I love this album, own the CD and all that. Certified classic

D was going thru a lot after this album dropped. Fred Jordan, an mtv exec, was one of his close friends who passed in 2001. It was reported as a suicide but I heard differently. Anyways, that was one of the reasons he had a lot of issues in that 2001-08 period

Is it just me or does his lack of enunciation on the lyrics on Voodoo irk anyone? It took me a while to come around on Voodoo compared to Brown Sugar based on that

Last edited:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
this the album that sent him over the edge though:mjcry:

voodoo is cool but brown sugar just raw and flows so organically:wow:...I'm still amazed at how young he was creating this type of classic material...

Last edited:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Black Messiah may have even surpassed it though.
I think it did. I personally think Black Messiah is his best work yet from an artistic standpoint, even though Voodoo has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I love this album, own the CD and all that. Certified classic

D was going thru a lot after this album dropped. Fred Jordan, an mtv exec, was one of his close friends who passed in 2001. It was reported as a suicide but I heard differently. Anyways, that was one of the reasons he had a lot of issues in that 2001-08 period

Is it just me or does his lack of enunciation on the lyrics on Voodoo irk anyone? It took me a while to come around on Voodoo compared to Brown Sugar based on that

I listened to it so much I got used to it.

If we could get a live concert video blu-ray of him and the Soultronics Voodoo tour, it would be :blessed: