Vogue Magazine: We’re Officially in the Era of the Big Booty

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
White people assimilate all kinds of shyt. Remember Angelina Jolie "made" lips popular? Or how about how yoga is considered a white suburban thing? How about rock and roll? Or Bo Derek making corn rows popular? Or Eminem being the "greatest rapper ever' <----I don't believe that BTW. Or something like lacrosse, which was a native American sport. Now it's a rich yuppie game. I could go on and on. We don't need them to validate us. They're going to steal regardless.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
i think the outrage is the fact it takes one famous white person to officially make it a "trend" and acceptable where as it was once looked at with negative connotation

but my views are basically fukk acceptance from white people or their opinion but thats just me

edit: most americans already know that it is culturally positive for a girl to have a skinny waist and a phat ass in latina and black communities.....vogue is just trying to rewrite history
thats the thing. what you mean official, its been official since the beginning of time, you mean official FOR THEM, in which case congrats TO THEM for catching up, but its not official for anyone on this side of the tracks. unless what you're trying to say is that things arent official until they say its official, in which case that's not how my world functions.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
They never liked us now they want to be us....Gotdamn shame. They used to shame black and latino women for years over there bodies, now they trying they best to get a ass and some lips..
It's been that way since we got over here. They criticize us then take our natural resources and inventions and try to emulate our genetics. Just so they can claim they birthed it. Just like a poster said we need to build our own media. Got some black girls wanting to claim other ethnicities and not their own.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
White people assimilate all kinds of shyt. Remember Angelina Jolie "made" lips popular? Or how about how yoga is considered a white suburban thing? How about rock and roll? Or Bo Derek making corn rows popular? Or Eminem being the "greatest rapper ever' <----I don't believe that BTW. Or something like lacrosse, which was a native American sport. Now it's a rich yuppie game. I could go on and on. We don't need them to validate us. They're going to steal regardless.
this sounds like something someone in a white mans world would think. you just listed how they're not white things. we all know they're not. the only people that might....are them....and that's just their own ignorance, I dont see how their ignorance is stealing. They can claim whatever they want, I can say right now, black man invented suit and ties, but we all know its not true. LV and Gucci or Gator shoes arent either, no one stole those, we adopted them. you can't steal non-possessions. The only people that think lacrosse is a white thing, is white people. and again, thats just their stupidity, let them bask in their ignorance, but lets not assume they stole anything from us or blinded us from knowing we invented shyt. we know where twerking comes from, we know where rock and roll comes from. the media is not an encyclopedia.

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
this sounds like something someone in a white mans world would think. you just listed how they're not white things. we all know they're not. the only people that might....are them....and that's just their own ignorance, I dont see how their ignorance is stealing. They can claim whatever they want, I can say right now, black man invented suit and ties, but we all know its not true. LV and Gucci or Gator shoes arent either, no one stole those, we adopted them. you can't steal non-possessions. The only people that think lacrosse is a white thing, is white people. and again, thats just their stupidity, let them bask in their ignorance, but lets not assume they stole anything from us or blinded us from knowing we invented shyt. we know where twerking comes from, we know where rock and roll comes from. the media is not an encyclopedia.
I think you articulated my point better than I did. I totally agree with you.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Big booty has always been a thing people wanted. I don't think there was ever an era in time where skinny girls with no booty were piut over those nice one's.

Even white women back in the day had clappas

No, white mainstream society was not fukking with it. chicks with fatties were deemed "fat, digusting" and was associated with black people in a negative way. Now that they are white faces with phat asses ( and some of those asses are not phat at all) they are trying to rewrite history and pretend phat asses weren't around till jlo and Kim K.

Now they have the nerve to say rose McGowan, Miley Cyrus, and Alexander McQueen (:mindblown:) played a role in making it popular. As if black people and many Latinos weren't pushing it. :aicmon:

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
thats the thing. what you mean official, its been official since the beginning of time, you mean official FOR THEM, in which case congrats TO THEM for catching up, but its not official for anyone on this side of the tracks. unless what you're trying to say is that things arent official until they say its official, in which case that's not how my world functions.
"but my views are basically fukk acceptance from white people or their opinion but thats just me"

i'm agreeing with you

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
I ain't even mad or gettin my BP up cacs are some of the stupidest n weirdest muthafuccaz on the planet. Come live in a city or town thats 80% n higher you'll have the :dwillhuh:then they say something only a cac would say :snoop:
I been gettin hard for big butts since I was 8 in the 3rd grade n told martha to "succ it"