Viola Davis says black woman aren't romantically linked with white men enough in flims

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
bytch is a clown

If white men actuslly knew how much a lot of BW lust for good hair kids and being at white family gatherings, nikkas would be in trouble
It's catching on, I just friended this bytch I know from work on social media. Regular chic not overtly white washed or raised that way. Cycled through her pics and she's on there with a cac as her man. Shocked the hell out of me. Then a sista hopped on her pic, talking about FIND ME ONE too. Smh

Hardest Since MC Ren

Kizz My Black Azz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think her comment is more about hollywood colorism & featurism than it is about interracial dating.

she could've honestly said the same exact thing with a different example. same message.
These nikkas are either dumb as fukk or just fronting in here

She's asking about the same shyt these clowns spew on here daily..."race doesn't matter"
"IR dating is normal shyt"

"Racism is dead"

If that's the case,IR pairings in movies shouldn't raise eyebrows or be rare,especially for A-Listers
She's reminding y'all that Hollywood is still racist as fukk
Black actors appearing alongside white A-listers will always raise eyebrows and be viewed as a come-up
But they can cast Denzel with any white bytch like it's nothing
She didn't articulate herself well

If we had a black Hollywood,she wouldn't be complaining about this shyt
I don't want to see Black A-Listers with cac wives/husbands
Acting is acting but fukk all that

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Should not be a concern of black men. Stop expecting the black female collective to be consistent with their outrage in regards to IR in films and in reality. Let both black men and women date who ever. There is nothing that can be done to prevent this.
It's not about preventing it, it's about us being the only group that publicly expresses this agenda. Asians & Latinos are in love with whiteness but they don't make social media pages or do interviews about it.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

When I saw septum ring, I already knew what time it was: the mark of a wench.

Roles like this are important because they correlate us to white woman who are seen as the 'standard of women' & the standard of femininity which DS black woman arent allowed to have.
This is really what it comes down to, wanting to be like white women.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Exactly, That's why so many want to be feminists because they think it'll give them cac woman status.
Just imagine a black man said the exact same thing she did:

the opening shot in this movie where you have a dark-skinned man with a big nose and wide lips and all of that and his natural hair kissing — romantically kissing a white woman onscreen

If a prominent black actor said this, he would be immediately “cancelled.” Be called all kinds of bedbucks, called a sell out. They would not be screaming “yaaaas, equality.”

The fact the women in the timeline think their femininity is validated by their sexual interaction with whitemen should tell you everything. When it was that same group who stripped them of it in the first place.

I’m so god damn tired of these wenches. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Oh, Steve McQueen directed this? Why am I not surprised.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
sam-wilson-gif.gif

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just imagine a black man said the exact same thing she did:

If a prominent black actor said this, he would be immediately “cancelled.” Be called all kinds of bedbucks, called a sell out. They would not be screaming “yaaaas, equality.”

The fact the women in the timeline think their femininity is validated by their sexual interaction with whitemen should tell you everything. When it was that same group who stripped them of it in the first place.

I’m so god damn tired of these wenches. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Oh, Steve McQueen directed this? Why am I not surprised.
The lack of responses from women in this thread is telling too. For quite a few female posters this seems to be their fave topic but only one has come in to condemn it so far :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
What she meant was, “as a darkskinned black woman without the clip-on European aesthetic, I’m a black woman on film with a white man. I’m not someone’s “bytch” or mammy- I’m being treated like a normal person.”

Black women will champion her message & call it “progress” not realising that the REAL message being sent is that it takes a white man to “normalise” you :sas2:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The lack of responses from women in this thread is telling too. For quite a few female posters this seems to be their fave topic but only one has come in to condemn it so far :mjpls:

What she meant was, “as a darkskinned black woman without the clip-on European aesthetic, I’m a black woman on film with a white man. I’m not someone’s “bytch” or mammy- I’m being treated like a normal person.”

Black women will champion her message & call it “progress” not realising that the REAL message being sent is that it takes a white man to “normalise” you :sas2:

That’s the subtext that a lot of these Twitter twats are deliberately ignoring.

If she just left it at her being a dark skinned woman, with her natural features being seen for her character and not her features, then I would understand. The fact she’s the lead in the movie should be ground breaking.

But she clearly suffers from deep seated issues, which is understandable. I’m just laughing at the hypocrisy from most women on the topic. More so the fact they’re avoiding this thread.