Viola Davis: If I’m A Black Meryl Streep, Then ‘Pay Me What I’m Worth'

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I mean, I think she’s done a lot of stuff that’s not worth her talent but if you like it, fine.
:yeshrug:
Like I said, she’s the best of her generation(excluding Viola) but she’s limited to doing shytty tv shows the last few years. 911 and American Horror Story are not worthwhile gigs.

The last ten years on this list is complete garbage except for the MCU movies.

Angela Bassett filmography - Wikipedia
As a black female actress especially at her age she’s probably not trying to do indie films getting paid nothing and TV is a steady check. I honestly don’t believe she cares lol. Some actors like Denzel, Angela and Courtney could give a shyt about nominations and shyt. She’s very talented but she’s probably doing roles that work for her and she probably doesn’t care for the validation. I just wish she’d stop working with Ryan Murphy.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
As a black female actress especially at her age she’s probably not trying to do indie films getting paid nothing and TV is a steady check. I honestly don’t believe she cares lol. Some actors like Denzel, Angela and Courtney could give a shyt about nominations and shyt. She’s very talented but she’s probably doing roles that work for her and she probably doesn’t care for the validation. I just wish she’d stop working with Ryan Murphy.
It’s about making art that’s worth your talent or just plain good television/cinema. Having standards doesn’t mean you’re seeking White validation. Denzel has a great filmography.

Angela should have a far better filmography than what she has now.
Also, higher quality is tied to higher pay. Her White age group peers are making 1.2 million a episode on HBO series while she might be make 1/10 of that doing shytty serial dramas. She probably works with Ryan Murphy because he’s one of the few giving her descent pay. He also lets her direct. Her only opportunity was that awful Lifetime movie.

That’s why Tyler Perry should be be investing in Black talent instead of hoarding his wealth and resources.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yet he still won’t hire out Black writers and directors to make better films and televisions shows. Everything he touches is garbage and it doesn’t have to be

yeah, but I wasn’t speaking on the content. At the end of the day he built his own studio and now he can do what he wants. You might not like how he chooses to do it, but at least he has the choice.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
W!te actors will always make more because most main stream flix are geared towards them

Blackballed:usure:

Africa's middle class increasing and africa getting more industrialized, would create a big consumer market for more black talent to flourish.

Right now entertainment field is mainly marketed to China/Japan/South Korea/Singapore, Europe, Canada/USA, Europe, Latin America. Most countries consist of asian and white consumers market.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I mean, I think she’s done a lot of stuff that’s not worth her talent but if you like it, fine.
:yeshrug:
Like I said, she’s the best of her generation(excluding Viola) but she’s limited to doing shytty tv shows the last few years. 911 and American Horror Story are not worthwhile gigs.

The last ten years on this list is complete garbage except for the MCU movies.

Angela Bassett filmography - Wikipedia
American horror story was the shyt :ufdup:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
It’s about making art that’s worth your talent or just plain good television/cinema. Having standards doesn’t mean you’re seeking White validation. Denzel has a great filmography.

Angela should have a far better filmography than what she has now.
Also, higher quality is tied to higher pay. Her White age group peers are making 1.2 million a episode on HBO series while she might be make 1/10 of that doing shytty serial dramas. She probably works with Ryan Murphy because he’s one of the few giving her descent pay. He also lets her direct. Her only opportunity was that awful Lifetime movie.

That’s why Tyler Perry should be be investing in Black talent instead of hoarding his wealth and resources.
Tyler perry is following the formula that made him rich and is catering to the demographic that made him rich. Why would he invest in black talent if that's not his thing?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I’ll just quote what she said the first time this was a story:

Davis said she’s tired of hustling to prove herself. “It’s gotten to the point [where] I’m no longer doing that,” she said. “I’m not hustling for my worth. I’m worthy. When I came out of my mom’s womb, I came in worthy.”

She went on to encourage young actors of color not to settle for less. “You’ll have a Shailene Woodley, who’s fabulous. And she may have had 37 magazine covers in one year. 37! And then you’ll have someone — a young actress of color who’s on her same level of talent and everything. And she may get four. And there is sense in our culture that you have to be happy with that,” she explained.

So basically, she talmbat she don’t wanna have to work hard anymore,
and she wants to be on the cover of more magazines.

That’s not the same thing as “pay me what I’m worth”, that’s some other chit...