Vinyl - (Martin Scorsese & Terrence Winter/HBO/70's Music Series)

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
ric-flair-running-stairs-hornets.gif

IN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, almost didn't recognize ray romano

looking forward to this hope bobby can lead this

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I'm in on this.

It'll hopefully (probably) be better than Billions, which I'm close to cutting off completely.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty good reviews so far. Most of the criticism I've seen is about how its yet another HBO show about a white male lead doing while male things.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
More reviews:
Uproxx - HBO's 'Vinyl' Lets Scorsese Loose In The World Of '70s Music
These two hours, at least, are filled with memorable moments and the promise of more to come. It’s exciting just to see Scorsese’s cameras moving once again through the streets of ’70s New York, with its grit and its sense of danger. When Jamie walks through a subway station without a graffiti-free inch, its sign serves as a punchline: Times Square. And there are moments here as striking as anything he’s ever filmed, particularly the New York Dolls bookend sequences. To see the Dolls in New York in the ’70s is a classic rock-and-roll you-had-to-be-there moment. Scorsese makes it feel like we are. If the series can keep that going, and maintain the danger and immediacy of that bygone era and making it feel like it could easily swallow up those who live in it, it should be a thrill to watch. And a thrill to hear.
Avclub - Vinyl has the perfect look and sound, if not always the rhythm
If ever an actor, a writer, and a director were destined to work together, it’s Cannavale, Winter, and Scorsese, and Cannavale’s all-consuming intensity shows the collaboration’s explosive potential. They’re clearly like-minded artists, and watching Vinyl is like hearing them drunkenly repeat stories Jagger told them at a stag party. But that’s precisely why Vinyl feels narratively hemmed in by its nostalgia. Boardwalk Empire took a more layered view of the Prohibition ’20s, whereas Vinyl’s main takeaway is that everything used to be cooler, sexier, and more fun. That message will resonate for some, and strike others as a sermon about the redemptive power of rock delivered directly to the choir.

Grade: B+
Pretty good reviews so far. Most of the criticism I've seen is about how its yet another HBO show about a white male lead doing while male things.
Idk y, but i thought you said whale at first and pictured boardwalk/deadwood and stuff taking place under the sea with various fishes takin on the roles lol. A little early in the morning for me I guess.