“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I need yall to please be serious about this roster. Burks has shown us absolutely nothing since we traded for him. Yall cried for Precious at the end of the last series and immediately realized you can't play him next to our 2 VERY good centers. We are missing our second-best player and our best bench scorer. We don't have a choice.
Last night wasn't a Precious problem imo. The Pacers like a small unit with Obi and Jackson as the "bigs" (both tweener forwards). That's too much mobility for a hobbled Mitch with Precious as the next man. The offense probably won't ever work with Precious/Mitch either.

That said, Hart can't play 48 minutes every night. Precious HAS to play some minutes or Thibs has to figure out a small-ball unit that can deal with the Pacers' bench.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
To answer your question, succinctly, NO. We do not. And I also want to acknowledge what you said about Bogey and Randle because that is also true.

However, I do believe Thibs' reluctance to stretch the rotation (at times) and having success with that approach during the regular season has him thinking that can carry over into the playoffs. And whilst we may not look gassed for the majority of games, there have been instances where the players don't execute as well as they usually do because of fatigue. That's where I'm suggesting there MAY be a correlation.

It's a tricky one. I think there's a fine balance that still needs addressing because if we were to lose to Indiana over the course of the series, there are signs that can point to the 'why' already.
I can't deny this. Respect

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the point of that? Neither IHart or Mitch play more than 32 minutes a game. None of that helps Josh get off the floor.
I'm of the belief that Hart should stay on the court until he gives Thibs a reason to sit him at this point. But I'd probably have Donte play a few spot minutes at the 3

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Precious could probably serve to get some burn, just to give Josh a breather & have another athletic body to throw at Siakam/Turner/Obi

But Deuce did not look great when he was out there last night

Mitch is playing on a surgically repaired foot that he re-injured against Philly

And we ALL saw what Burks was looking like in the regular season

Even with Thibs being Thibs, the options are limited
Very limited. Deuce was getting cooked by McConnell :huhldup:

Having Bogy out with an injury really screwed the rotation up. However, Burks MIGHT have to get some burn to spell the backcourt starters at few mins.