“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
You know what is the funniest shyt?

All of the nikkas who claimed the Knicks would be the most GASSED and depleted team in the playoffs because of Thibs "running them into the ground."

Where is that narrative right now? :skip:

Bruh, how can you have watched last night's game and not have concerns the chickens will come home to roost?

Even if we make it past Indiana, this doesn't feel sustainable. We gotta open up the rotation bro.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bruh, how can you have watched last night's game and not have concerns the chickens will come home to roost?

Even if we make it past Indiana, this doesn't feel sustainable. We gotta open up the rotation bro.
For real. You gotta win 16 games to win a title, the Knicks have won 5, Hart's playing 48 MPG, they got 3 points from their bench.... something's gotta give.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:francis: @DPresidential you know you got a big dikk and all that but come on, breh. It’s the New York Knicks. Why we quoting a LA nikka for our team thread. We can do better.
I thought I was quoting a generational black artist who is calling out an exposed phony who has clearly used black culture as a lucrative endeavor and never really respected or had love for that same culture...:ohhh:

My fault. :hubie:

kendrick-lamar-kendrick.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

I watched last night's game and absolutely had those reservations. We DEFINITELY have to open up that rotation.

That being said, what does that have to do with the regular season criticism about Thibs running nikkas into the ground to the point that during the playoffs - they'd be gassed.

Whether Thibs structured the roster the way you would have wanted during the regular season or not, the concerns you had with last night would be the same.

My point was, we do not look gassed AT ALL. And if we had our full roster - Randle and Bogey - we'd be even stronger and have even more energy reserves.

We aren't saying anything that contradicts each other.

My question is this:

As of now, do we look like the most gassed or even showing hints of being gassed as a result of Thibs regular season decisions?

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Oh we are fukkING BACK fellas. nikkas are MAD. The league is rigging the playoffs for us cause the NBA has a TV deal coming. The media is in the bag for us. Jalen Brunson is just a Trae Young/James Harden free-throw merchant. WE fukkING RESTORED THE FEELING BREHS. Haven't seen this many people hate us since the mid 2000s.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Thibs does need to open up the rotation a bit. However he cannot pair Mitch and Precious together. You can't have two non scorers on the court together. Not having Bogey really sucks :francis:

And on a night where you're not getting anything from McBride, give Burks a try. If he sucks put him back on the bench. Heck even try Shake if DDV and McBride are off. He's eligible to play and if nothing else he'll give you solid defense. Rocking with 6 guys ain't it. Multiple players playin 40+ a night every game ain't it.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I thought I was quoting a generational black artist who is calling out an exposed phony who has clearly used black culture as a lucrative endeavor and never really respected or had love for that same culture...:ohhh:

My fault. :hubie:

kendrick-lamar-kendrick.gif
:lolbron: Generational? Kendrick just opened his mouth, someone go hand him a Grammy right now.

:russ: But nah, this is New York. There is a long list of legends to quote from. Let’s not do this.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
For real. You gotta win 16 games to win a title, the Knicks have won 5, Hart's playing 48 MPG, they got 3 points from their bench.... something's gotta give.
I need yall to please be serious about this roster. Burks has shown us absolutely nothing since we traded for him. Yall cried for Precious at the end of the last series and immediately realized you can't play him next to our 2 VERY good centers. We are missing our second-best player and our best bench scorer. We don't have a choice.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
They
I need yall to please be serious about this roster. Burks has shown us absolutely nothing since we traded for him. Yall cried for Precious at the end of the last series and immediately realized you can't play him next to our 2 VERY good centers. We are missing our second-best player and our best bench scorer. We don't have a choice.

Thibs is from the 90s. He's only playing 8.

It is what it is.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
I watched last night's game and absolutely had those reservations. We DEFINITELY have to upon up that rotation.

That being said, what does that have to do with the regular season criticism about Thibs running nikkas into the ground to the point that during the playoffs - they'd be gassed.

Whether Thibs structured the roster the way you would have wanted during the regular season or not, the concerns you had with last night would be the same.

My point was, we do not look gassed AT ALL. And if we had our full roster - Randle and Bogey - we'd be even stronger and have even more energy reserves.

We aren't saying anything that contradicts each other.

My question is this:

As of now, do we look like the most gassed or even showing hints of being gassed as a result of Thibs regular season decisions?

To answer your question, succinctly, NO. We do not. And I also want to acknowledge what you said about Bogey and Randle because that is also true.

However, I do believe Thibs' reluctance to stretch the rotation (at times) and having success with that approach during the regular season has him thinking that can carry over into the playoffs. And whilst we may not look gassed for the majority of games, there have been instances where the players don't execute as well as they usually do because of fatigue. That's where I'm suggesting there MAY be a correlation.

It's a tricky one. I think there's a fine balance that still needs addressing because if we were to lose to Indiana over the course of the series, there are signs that can point to the 'why' already.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
To answer your question, succinctly, NO. We do not. And I also want to acknowledge what you said about Bogey and Randle because that is also true.

However, I do believe Thibs' reluctance to stretch the rotation (at times) and having success with that approach during the regular season has him thinking that can carry over into the playoffs. And whilst we may not look gassed for the majority of games, there have been instances where the players don't execute as well because of fatigue. That's where I'm suggesting there MAY be a correlation.

It's a tricky one. I think there's a fine balance that still needs addressing because if we were to lose to Indiana over the course of the series, there are signs that can point to the 'why' already.
Totally agree with you on this. Josh Hart looked visibly fatigued in the 3rd quarter to me & wasn't closing out like he usually would which lead to some open looks for Indy.

I'm not even worried about other teams because I believe we can beat any of these teams East/West. I'm more concerned with fatigue catching up to us like you mentioned because as we've seen, the playoffs are a different type of grind physically & mentally

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Precious could probably serve to get some burn, just to give Josh a breather & have another athletic body to throw at Siakam/Turner/Obi

But Deuce did not look great when he was out there last night

Mitch is playing on a surgically repaired foot that he re-injured against Philly

And we ALL saw what Burks was looking like in the regular season

Even with Thibs being Thibs, the options are limited