“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Let me say something that might be unpopular...

I am not really upset at him. It really just highlights how fukking forced some of these questions by sports journalists and interviewers can be.
A lot of the time, these brehs aren't really thinking that deeply about a particular thing and a question is asked where the only thing to do is manufacture some semblance of an answer related to the heart of the question.

Steph Curry plays against Frank Ntilikina one game and interviewer asks Steph: "Steph, what was it like playing against this young Knicks team and did they earn your respect?"

And now, Steph, the professional, has to come up with some bullshyt that shows respect the subject matter and is mostly fluff.

So, asking someone whether they were strategically looking to play the Knicks or just trying to avoid the Celtics is going to garner a response that has to accomplish a few things from a PR perspective:
  • Show strength ("We don't dodge any smoke so...")
  • Show respect to the Celtics being mentioned ("We match up better with the Knicks")
  • Touch on the Knicks being brought up ("Ugh, of course we wanted the Knicks, that's the easier team...*pause*...I guess")

I am not made at him, although, he could have ended it at "No, no real thought, we aren't dodging any smoke so whoever we play, we will study the tapes and be ready."

Them dudes be getting caught up on the dialogue tree. You don’t need a PR rep to understand how to show respect or stay humble. Some ninjas just can’t show restraint or don’t care.

It’s good and bad. You rather players be themselves and talk their shyt, but stars are mostly diplomatic.

Idk how Philly is favored but I think Knicks got it in 5.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
Man, I was born in Paris. Raised in London from the age of 5-6 years old.

I'm 36.

Always had a connection from a distance with New York due to a shared culture in the sense of being a product of a metropolitan, capital, urban city. Hip-Hop naturally was what bridged that as I always leaned East Coast rap but also being a 90's baby where New York culture was at the centre of Western media in a lot of ways, especially Black culture.

Took my first trip there in '07 via Newark. One of my best friends' older sister was getting married to a dude from there and I came along for the wedding. I was in Miami for Spring Break a couple of months earlier but I made connections pretty comfortably with you guys out in the States. shyt, one of my exes is born and raised in LA, lmao. Never doing long-distance again.

Anyway, I digress.

That trip to New York? I adopted every NY sports franchise from there. I became a Knick fan that year. Admittedly a casual fan. In the same way I'd claim the Giants. My interest in hoops was more-so player-centric, like most fans, especially overseas.

But I've become obsessive over basketball man. Gradually over the years. 2016 was the turning point for me. I love hoops like I love football.

But as a KNICKS fan, man 2019 changed something. I follow the Knicks like I follow Arsenal Football Club. That was the pivot.

The process has been painful to watch but this team man. This team is restoring the feeling. On and off the court for me as a fan. I'm learning things about myself through this team. Resilience. Work ethic. Team-work. Showing up everyday. Consistency.

We're not there yet but the trajectory is great to experience. Wish I could be in the city right now.

KNICKS IN 5.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Fellas, i don’t wanna hear excuses at the end, “oh we didn’t have randle, that’s why we lost”

Are you expecting us to win?

I fully expect us to win and if we lose, I will be disappointed. Obviously barring any further injury during playoffs
Yes. No excuses.