“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Oh word??

Let me say something that might be unpopular...

I am not really upset at him. It really just highlights how fukking forced some of these questions by sports journalists and interviewers can be.
A lot of the time, these brehs aren't really thinking that deeply about a particular thing and a question is asked where the only thing to do is manufacture some semblance of an answer related to the heart of the question.

Steph Curry plays against Frank Ntilikina one game and interviewer asks Steph: "Steph, what was it like playing against this young Knicks team and did they earn your respect?"

And now, Steph, the professional, has to come up with some bullshyt that shows respect the subject matter and is mostly fluff.

So, asking someone whether they were strategically looking to play the Knicks or just trying to avoid the Celtics is going to garner a response that has to accomplish a few things from a PR perspective:
  • Show strength ("We don't dodge any smoke so...")
  • Show respect to the Celtics being mentioned ("We match up better with the Knicks")
  • Touch on the Knicks being brought up ("Ugh, of course we wanted the Knicks, that's the easier team...*pause*...I guess")

I am not made at him, although, he could have ended it at "No, no real thought, we aren't dodging any smoke so whoever we play, we will study the tapes and be ready."

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Sixers went 31-8 with Embiid in the lineup and haven't lost a game since he came back from injury. They're confident and rightly so.

Embiid looked pretty bad moving around last night, either the knee is still banged up or his conditioning is not where it should be(or both).

Knicks have homecourt - they'll need it. If they find their way through this series they'll make the conference finals. They'd beat the Pacers and I don't think Giannis is playing any more this season.

If the Knicks are what everyone thinks they are, they'll win this series and move on.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
People really underestimating Mitch Rob's & IHart's defense/rebounding.

And if Thibs is wild enough, he should throw OG on Maxey :sas2:
Y’all will absolutely murder us on the boards, as every team does, I cannot doubt that

OG does not do well on Maxey, see the 2022 first round against the Raptors, he’s too fast for him, Nurse tried that on us already

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
see people trying hard to push this as a rivalry. maybe after this series, but this shyt has never been a rivalry in my lifetime. ... i mean, mostly b/c both teams are rarely legit contenders for a title, but it's just not at all. couldn't give less of a shyt about the Sixers
Last time Knicks & Sixers played in the playoffs was '89