“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It’s not an agenda to say we don’t want to potentially force a square peg into a round hole. Adding a player that NEEDS the ball in order to “save us” in the playoffs is backwards thinking. Chemistry is a real thing in basketball. And bringing a guy in who HAS to take the ball out of Brunson, Randle and now OG’s hands has a real chance of fukking up what we’re seeing. And that’s some of the best basketball this Knicks team has seen in a decade.

I’d much rather find out how truly sustainable this team is in the playoffs, while keeping all our assets, then to just concede it’s not and potentially make us worse.
We saw what happened last year in the Miami series. Randle regressed & Brunson was on a solo mission. Knicks NEED another CONSISTENT 20 ppg scorer to be a legit threat.

Like @seemorecizzy said folks have agendas in here or they really don’t watch other players/teams cause their knowledge is lacking.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Randle and Brunson aint shaq and kobe breh lol
i hate to break it to you.
Surrounding them around role players is most likely not enough.
Thibs is gonna be playin these guys 40 plus minutes in high intensity playoff level basketball where both teams get equal rest.

But we could use another player to take the ball out of their hands.

Have you not seen Randle's last two years of playoff performances? lol
If Randle sells in the playoffs then he’s gone. This isn’t the NFL. NBA windows are much wider. This season doesn’t have to make or break our future. Giving up key assets for Murray, who won’t guarantee us anything past the first round isn’t necessary.

I’m buying that this team is good and can compete with anybody. We have guys who are proven in the playoffs, guys who can get hot on any night, and a clear lead option who can successfully carry an offense. This team willing itself to the ECF isn’t a pipe dream anymore. We’re fukking good.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We saw what happened last year in the Miami series. Randle regressed & Brunson was on a solo mission. Knicks NEED another CONSISTENT 20 ppg scorer to be a legit threat.

Like @seemorecizzy said folks have agendas in here or they really don’t watch other players/teams cause their knowledge is lacking.
That’s an over correction. Donte and OG in that Miami series could have very well been enough to take us over the top.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Downplaying yesterday's victory and then to continue to hype up those two fluke wins from Orlando is wild but continue.
Or flipside I watch other teams regularly and watch teams in the playoffs. :beli:

Like wow bro, you already celebrating the championship parade in your head huh?

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Or flipside I watch other teams regularly and watch teams in the playoffs. :beli:

Like wow bro, you already celebrating the championship parade in your head huh?

Ain’t no one celebrating a parade but if you undermining a 30 point blow out against the defending champs then you bugged.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Downplaying yesterday's victory and then to continue to hype up those two fluke wins from Orlando is wild but continue.
I’m not downplaying yesterday. I‘m giving context, we beat the Nuggets last year too twice because we matched up well then like we do now and other teams match up with us better . I even said they could beat Orlando but it would probably exhaust them going into the next round.

However, like any other team the Knicks can be game planned for and certain teams like Orlando have the roster to pull it off. We don’t have the third offensive piece to offset what they do. I also don’t like the match up with the Celtics but I admit that is on paper, but there another team that matches up well with the Knicks and can collapse in the paint to disrupt driving players and compete for every rebound.

That’s an over correction. Donte and OG in that Miami series could have very well been enough to take us over the top.
Miami isn’t even the issue this year, I think this current squad can take them now and would beat last year’s Miami squad too. We needed a wing defender like OG last year, this year we need a third dedicated scorer. Its just what it is

The team to beat in the conference is the Celtics, and the mismatch to avoid is Orlando, the Knicks should push to be a top 3 team, but avoid going 2 in the conference. They should want the freedom to choose to push to the 3rd seed or stay at 4th seed based on matchups.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Here’s a thought topic for everyone to see where ya’ll think this team really is, it’s based on no rumors, and completely hypothetical.

If the Net said “give us 6 first round picks for Mikal Bridges, 3 of them yours, unprotected” do you think the Knicks should do it? The players for salary purpose is Fournier and filler.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Here’s a thought topic for everyone to see where ya’ll think this team really is, it’s based on no rumors, and completely hypothetical.

If the Net said “give us 6 first round picks for Mikal Bridges, 3 of them yours, unprotected” do you think the Knicks should do it? The players for salary purpose is Fournier and filler.
Absolutely not. Mikal is not nice like that

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Hell no, lol.

Their are only a handful of players worth that many 1st rd picks. (Fat boy Joker, chunky Luka, Freak, SGA, Embiid, maybe Book/Durant/Chef)