“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not wanting to get rid of grimes to get murray is one of da worse takes ive ever heard lol

its like some of these guys dont watch playoff games. You need a player that can get you a bucket in a half court offense. The game slows down in da playoffs and teams exploit all your weaknesses.

This is why Randle struggles, and U cant put all that pressure on Brunson. OG is a glue guy, not a create your own shot guy. You cant depend on grimes to do anything lol even IQ Choked last year.

We are gonna eventually have to face Giannis dame middleton, lopez, oor tatum brown holiday and KP.

Or rematch Miami who knows how we play and Thibs doesnt change his game plan.

We need another threat offensively or more talented teams with zone us to death and have us flustered.

Too many of yall got agendas about certain players and dont think about whats best for da team... More than Half da ppl in here hated on The OG trade which was a no brainer if u watch the team lol

I really like the chemistry of that first unit with DDV, but if the Knicks can get a player like Murray they have to pull the trigger.

Brunson, Murray (or someone similar to Murray), OG, Randle, Robinson would be a nightmare.

And Mcbride, DDV, Hart, and iHart would be the best second unit in the league.

I am actually praying the Knicks grow some nuts and make one more deal. Can't rely on a superstar coming over the summer, the time is now. They are one player away from competing for a championship... and it's been so long since I could say something like that :mjcry:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I’m starting to lose hope on the Murray situation even though I think OG, Robinson and Murray would obliterate every playoff team offenses.

It’s starting to feel like the Knicks will end up with Lowry and trading for Bruce Brown to bolster that second unit.

The bench unit will end up being
Lowry
Hartenstein
Brown
Hart
McBride or Possibly Achiwa at the four

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The crazy thing is this team could easily be on a 13 game winning streak.

That Dallas L was because of that lucky miss by THJr. leading to a Dallas offensive rebound/three pointer by Green.

And that Orlando game, no Brunson. Point blank!
Orlando has the mismatches almost all in their favor but I said it then very few teams can do what Orlando does defensively to collapse in the paint to disrupt Brunson and Randle and contest every rebound with the Knicks. Orlando’s size is an issue the Knicks should avoid. Even if they win that series, they’ll be worn out for the next round.

That Dallas game was a 3 guard offense headed by Kyrie I think Mitch would have won them it and it was a close game. However, nah unless the Knicks add a third scorer they should avoid Orlando If possible in the playoffs. They got the Cavs now but the Pacers would be Food if they could get that match up.

I also don’t like the Celtics matchup but that is on paper. Also for people who are overhype over this win, the Knicks swept Denver last year and was the on,y team that could do it because the mismatch was in our favor due to defensive center depth, and defensive guard depth to mess with Jokic and Jamal Murray. A third scorer is needed but to me it sounds like they know who they want, and they aren’t working with Klutch regardless.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Orlando has the mismatches almost all in their favor but I said it then very few teams can do what Orlando does defensively to collapse in the paint to disrupt Brunson and Randle and contest every rebound with the Knicks. Orlando’s size is an issue the Knicks should avoid. Even if they win that series, they’ll be worn out for the next round.

That Dallas game was a 3 guard offense headed by Kyrie I think Mitch would have won them it and it was a close game. However, nah unless the Knicks add a third scorer they should avoid Orlando If possible in the playoffs. They got the Cavs now but the Pacers would be Food if they could get that match up.

I also don’t like the Celtics matchup but that is on paper. Also for people who are overhype over this win, the Knicks swept Denver last year and was the on,y team that could do it because the mismatch was in our favor due to defensive center depth, and defensive guard depth to mess with Jokic and Jamal Murray. A third scorer is needed but to me it sounds like they know who they want, and they aren’t working with Klutch regardless.

Downplaying yesterday's victory and then to continue to hype up those two fluke wins from Orlando is wild but continue.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not wanting to get rid of grimes to get murray is one of da worse takes ive ever heard lol

its like some of these guys dont watch playoff games. You need a player that can get you a bucket in a half court offense. The game slows down in da playoffs and teams exploit all your weaknesses.

This is why Randle struggles, and U cant put all that pressure on Brunson. OG is a glue guy, not a create your own shot guy. You cant depend on grimes to do anything lol even IQ Choked last year.

We are gonna eventually have to face Giannis dame middleton, lopez, oor tatum brown holiday and KP.

Or rematch Miami who knows how we play and Thibs doesnt change his game plan.

We need another threat offensively or more talented teams with zone us to death and have us flustered.

Too many of yall got agendas about certain players and dont think about whats best for da team... More than Half da ppl in here hated on The OG trade which was a no brainer if u watch the team lol
It’s not an agenda to say we don’t want to potentially force a square peg into a round hole. Adding a player that NEEDS the ball in order to “save us” in the playoffs is backwards thinking. Chemistry is a real thing in basketball. And bringing a guy in who HAS to take the ball out of Brunson, Randle and now OG’s hands has a real chance of fukking up what we’re seeing. And that’s some of the best basketball this Knicks team has seen in a decade.

I’d much rather find out how truly sustainable this team is in the playoffs, while keeping all our assets, then to just concede it’s not and potentially make us worse.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not an agenda to say we don’t want to potentially force a square peg into a round hole. Adding a player that NEEDS the ball in order to “save us” in the playoffs is backwards thinking. Chemistry is a real thing in basketball. And bringing a guy in who HAS to take the ball out of Brunson, Randle and now OG’s hands has a real chance of fukking up what we’re seeing. And that’s some of the best basketball this Knicks team has seen in a decade.

I’d much rather find out how truly sustainable this team is in the playoffs, while keeping all our assets, then to just concede it’s not and potentially make us worse.
Randle and Brunson aint shaq and kobe breh lol
i hate to break it to you.
Surrounding them around role players is most likely not enough.
Thibs is gonna be playin these guys 40 plus minutes in high intensity playoff level basketball where both teams get equal rest.

But we could use another player to take the ball out of their hands.

Have you not seen Randle's last two years of playoff performances? lol

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Randle and Brunson aint shaq and kobe breh lol
i hate to break it to you.
Surrounding them around role players is most likely not enough.
Thibs is gonna be playin these guys 40 plus minutes in high intensity playoff level basketball where both teams get equal rest.

But we could use another player to take the ball out of their hands.

Have you not seen Randle's last two years of playoff performances? lol
Julius playoff struggles are spacing related more than any mental issues. Thibs started RJ Barrett and Josh Hart and while it helped with positional size it was an horrific situation that cramped Julius into a corner. When Julius started with one extra floor spacer (Which was Grimes) his true shooting shot up from 44 to 57TS (That’s not mental, that’s spacing)

There’s a radical difference now between Hart and RJ and Donte (who is essentially Julius new Reggie Bullock) and OG.

I would love another handler like Murray but it’s almost impossible to see Donte out of the lineup at this point. The team starting 5 is like +22 per game over the last ten games. (That’s an upsurd number).

Last edited: