“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is a REALLY good team. And they've been whooping ass ever since the OG trade.

Brunson and Randle are having GREAT seasons. iHart is a f*cking monster in the paint and on the boards. And the rest of the team is absolutely solid.

I say go for Murray (or Mitchell) right now. That would make the Knicks instant contenders and give them a real chance of winning it all. And I don't feel like I'm exaggerating.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And low key the Clippers are working because Harden has been smart enough to facilitate more as oppose to looking for his offense.

He‘s down 7 points a game from his regular career numbers and up assists wise.
That's true, but Murray has proven he can be a facilitator and good defender on the Spurs. He's fit into a team concept before, but his leaders were guys like Kawhi, Parker, and Manu. His coach was Pop. Now, his team leader is Trae Young, and he's had multiple coaches.

Surround talented players with good coaches, players that will hold them accountable, and real opportunities to win; they buy into team concepts way more easily. I don't think we should cap our targets at role players for fear that better talent will be too demanding. Better talent buys in or we ship them out for the next guy.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
I can’t say enough how much Hartenstein does for this offense. The way you can tell how giddy the guys got when Blazers went into zone last night. They looked like kids excited to try out a new toy… salute to Thibs too.

In my head, I keep going back to how Atlanta and Miami beat us in 2021 and 2023 defensively.

I do agree it isn't the most ideal fit offensively in the starting line-up, however having an additional shot-creator/playmaker on the floor in Dejounte Murray, with Brunson, OG, a more mobile Randle and Hartenstein on the floor, puts us in a better position to deal with zone defence especially when you have McBride/Donte/Grimes providing perimeter shooting as role players.

Makes us even tougher to guard.

The defensive potential with Murray at the 2 speaks for itself. I don't buy into the idea that the version we saw of him in San Antonio, can only exist there. I trust Thibs and the culture of the team to provoke that defender in him again.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the the team is better off going after Brogdon to come off of the bench; Divincenzo and OG being absolute snipers from the corner have done a lot to unlock more of Randle and Brunsons games so far. We get more talented with Murray in place of Divincenzo for sure, but we probably end up slightly worse as a team since he's not as great of a fit.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
That's true, but Murray has proven he can be a facilitator and good defender on the Spurs. He's fit into a team concept before, but his leaders were guys like Kawhi, Parker, and Manu. His coach was Pop. Now, his team leader is Trae Young, and he's had multiple coaches.

Surround talented players with good coaches, players that will hold them accountable, and real opportunities to win; they buy into team concepts way more easily. I don't think we should cap our targets at role players for fear that better talent will be too demanding. Better talent buys in or we ship them out for the next guy.

I just think the team chemistry will take a hit with him personally. He's clearly more talented.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thank you

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just think the team chemistry will take a hit with him personally. He's clearly more talented.
Team chemistry could also mess up when u bring donovon mitchell over. I don't no why everyones so convinced it would work. On paper it looks like Marbury and Franchise all over again lol and it also fukks with our defense.

Bottom line, if we wanna get to da next level, we are gonna have to take some type Of risk and hope it pans out. Murray is a high risk (to some) but higher reward move.

Brogden is a play it safe move that still might not pan out cause he's injury prone lol

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Did he really fit into a team concept? He got drafted late first round into an historic franchise and had to play hard and fit in to get minutes. Once he has tasted that high usage star player type life he has kind of shown you who he is. Him in particular has spoken out heavy against his stint on the Spurs.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
In comparison to Brogdon and Rozier all he’s proven to be more talented at is hunting assists and playing the passing lanes

He’s not necessarily a better player just a more popular one.

This guy is getting overrated something fierce.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Team chemistry could also mess up when u bring donovon mitchell over. I don't no why everyones so convinced it would work. On paper it looks like Marbury and Franchise all over again lol and it also fukks with our defense.

Bottom line, if we wanna get to da next level, we are gonna have to take some type Of risk and hope it pans out. Murray is a high risk (to some) but higher reward move.

Brogden is a play it safe move that still might not pan out cause he's injury prone lol

I'm not even advocating for him neither for that same reason. :heh:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea…. Every time yall bring up Mitchell i just make this face… :patrice:
Out of all the stars that could potentially ask out after a disappointing season, Embiid really the only one that makes sense alongside Brunson