“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The box score stats don’t move me I mean Rozier is putting up 24/4/7 this year on a 58.5% TS more efficient than any Murray season and has shown in a reduced role in Boston to be able to get after it defensively :manny:

He’s a good player but to me not worth the risk of disrupting the ball movement we have. I just don’t see it zipping the way it is right now at this very moment as we watch this game with him.

Again he’s a good player don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t be mad if we got him and would look forward to it but I feel we have to be careful to not bring in disruptors, fit over names all day. I’m not sure it would be as seamless as Brogdon he’d fit right away. With Murray it seems like it would be more of an adjustment period. I also don’t like that he’s on the verge of leaving two teams on bad-ish terms. Again we have to be careful because we’re at the cusp of something special. Keep adding hoopers who are high character and fit the squad while keeping the most of her assets as possible.
I like Scary Terry too though :mjlol:

I understand the concern with messing up the chemistry. It's why my preference is to wait and see with this current team, then aim for additions closer to the deadline. But I don't mind Rozier or Murray, because I think they'd settle into the hierarchy. I think a change of scenery would have those dudes embracing the team concept, particularly with ball movement like you're seeing on this roster.

But I'm saying I don't mind, not "I want." I don't think this team needs another good player (which is what I rate all of Murray, Brogdon, and Rozier). So I'd rather ride it out, and save the assets for a REALLY good player. Your boy Mitchell is one of the considerations on that thought.