“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think Jerami Grant will be available. His contract only exist because Dame played the Blazers with talk he didn’t want to leave. As soon as he is available I think he hits the market. The Knicks have asked about him multiple times when he was with Detroit and they have between 2-5 draft picks this year and we know they are not going to use all of them, maybe not any.

Also, the Knicks could decide to just let Fournier expire and then take that money and pay Quickly either a chunk or all of it. Even if they got to pay him more than 18 Mil, that goes to that amount.

Edit: do not bring back Tim Hardaway…. Every time he comes here shyt starts to fall apart.
Aye man… he’s fukking hooping right now too. I forgot you liked him a lot. He solves our big wing problem too. What does a trade look like in your opinion?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at the tea leaves around the league, don’t see anyone significant being available this deadline. The only team I can see blowing it up is Chicago and we don’t want or need anyone on that roster. Which leaves us with what to do about Evan Fournier… his biggest asset is his contract to put in a star trade. I don’t think we should pick up his option cause I actually think that’s kinda fukked up to leave him on the bench for 3 whole seasons. I think the move is to trade his 2024 expiring for a 2025 expiring. Problem is the only realistic players in his salary range are Lonzo Ball, Tim Hardaway Jr, Bojan Bogdanovic, Bruce Brown Jr. and Malcolm Brogdon. I think Timmy is the easiest to get but we would lose money on the asset since he only makes like 16 million. Lonzo is too much of a risk to flip again and Bruce and Malcolm would want to play more than we can give them minutes. No need for another malcontent who could potentially cause bigger issues than Evan. That leaves Bojan. He’s a perfect back up 4 who could actually help us in the short term and we probably can get him by giving the pistons their protected pick back.
You can have Oladipo from Houston when he get healthy :lolbron:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Looking at the tea leaves around the league, don’t see anyone significant being available this deadline. The only team I can see blowing it up is Chicago and we don’t want or need anyone on that roster. Which leaves us with what to do about Evan Fournier… his biggest asset is his contract to put in a star trade. I don’t think we should pick up his option cause I actually think that’s kinda fukked up to leave him on the bench for 3 whole seasons. I think the move is to trade his 2024 expiring for a 2025 expiring. Problem is the only realistic players in his salary range are Lonzo Ball, Tim Hardaway Jr, Bojan Bogdanovic, Bruce Brown Jr. and Malcolm Brogdon. I think Timmy is the easiest to get but we would lose money on the asset since he only makes like 16 million. Lonzo is too much of a risk to flip again and Bruce and Malcolm would want to play more than we can give them minutes. No need for another malcontent who could potentially cause bigger issues than Evan. That leaves Bojan. He’s a perfect back up 4 who could actually help us in the short term and we probably can get him by giving the pistons their protected pick back.
I think Jerami Grant will be available. His contract only exist because Dame played the Blazers with talk he didn’t want to leave. As soon as he is available I think he hits the market. The Knicks have asked about him multiple times when he was with Detroit and they have between 2-5 draft picks this year and we know they are not going to use all of them, maybe not any.

Also, the Knicks could decide to just let Fournier expire and then take that money and pay Quickly either a chunk or all of it. Even if they got to pay him more than 18 Mil, that goes to that amount.

Edit: do not bring back Tim Hardaway…. Every time he comes here shyt starts to fall apart.

The trade picture has about 5 weeks to really take shape. December 15th when this offseason's signings become available to trade is when the trade rumblings will start to pick up. The parity around the league should start to shed a bit too. Right now there are 19 teams with 3 or 4 wins. Only 5 teams have more wins and only 6 have less. So the picture is murky, but a few teams will fade and injuries will start to shake up rosters.

So mark December 15th for revisiting the trade possibilities.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why the f*ck are the starters still in the game??? I swear Thibs is a jackass...
Cuz me and Thibs don't trust these mufukkas that's why! I don't trust no Knick lead no matter how big or how much time is left. Nobody can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like us! I felt Thibs on this one....our scrubs against their scrubs with 4 minutes to go? Nah the starters woulda had to come back and that wouldnt'na been good!

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the-knicks-city-edition-court-v0-7484cljqi7zb1.jpg

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Aye man… he’s fukking hooping right now too. I forgot you liked him a lot. He solves our big wing problem too. What does a trade look like in your opinion?
Something where we send them picks a collection of draft picks, Fournier, and one of those smaller space holder contracts for Jerami. They should want out of the contract since they only did it to appease Dame.