[Video]The Fall of The Simpsons: How it Happened

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, those few years in late 90's, say 97-99, the Halloween special was definitely a big part of Halloween night. And the marathons around those times.....90's memories.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Seems spot on to me. I can't watch anything past Season 10. Excellent analysis as the show got so lame it wasn't even worth my time breaking down why. Props to this guy for watching all the garbage episodes to even make these points.

I just remember somewhere The Simpsons changed dramatically. No more were episodes based in our beloved Springfield in familiar places like 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield Elementary, the nuclear power plant, the Kwik-E-Mart, etc. All of a sudden they were going everywhere meeting all these new people and real celebrities. Then there was that musical phase when every episode seemingly had a Disney-type song.

I fukked with the movie but probably only because it came so far after the OG Simpsons that I only had the new trash to compare it to.

First 10 seasons is GOAT-level TV. Anything beyond that is pretty much unwatchable IMO.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
After around season 10-11 Simpsons writers became hella lazy with the jokes
And all it became was an animation where the writers have to meet the Fox Network quota for the year, so they abandoned substance

The real soul of the Simpsons was seasons 3-8