You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
They'll make it to season 30 and then pull the plug

It didn't fall off we just older

Watching The Simpsons since age 3
Nope. Show fell off a cliff.
The comedy is no where close to being as clever as it was in 90's. Who was the last great character introduced to the show? Frank Grimes? Many of the ones that used to be funny just went full retard like Homer, or they just go through the motions with forced cliches like Ralph Wiggum. There's nothing more that can be done with 30 year old characters, unless they want to finally make the kids age
But it's still drawing people somehow

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Im NGL, I never really watched the Simpsons. Ive seen a fair share of episodes back when I only had analog, but I dont know what makes this more digestable than say

prime Family Guy

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
haven't seen an EP in years.. nor will I watch this clip

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thought it fell of after 2001 or so, but I haven't really watched since, other then seconds here and there. Some of that has to be nostalgia, as the earlier seasons through like 99 are tied to my childhood, it was like a ritual of pop culture, my second family down the street, where I was most of the time, everyone watched it on Friday nights, all of us eating dinner around the tv, this would be like 95, I was 10, and it was just a special part of growing up. When you are young enough to only get a certain amount of the jokes, at a basic level. It was actually controversial in those days, to watch The Simpsons as a kid. My Mom wasn't with it, when I was young, but she turned a blind eye since I was out of the house. Parents, not mine, thought it turned kids into bad kids lol but I was cursing and all that regardless. Didn't learn from tv.

Later, it would become more of a ritual for us as teenagers, as it aired at 7, with the X Files, on Sundays, which took my all the way into high school, and I stopped watched. Truly iconic and visionary series, but it should have ended 15 years ago, strictly based on quality and artistic integrity.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
decent video, nothing I haven't heard before. Same cynical shyt.

newer seasons are obviously not the earlier ones but there's still gems in'em.
personally I think this video exaggerates shyt.

it seems nowadays people are ready to call anything trash.

the way I see it, Simpsons lost some steps, but to call it trash is to farfetched. the show is still of entertaining level quality.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Nope. Show fell off a cliff.
The comedy is no where close to being as clever as it was in 90's. Who was the last great character introduced to the show? Frank Grimes? Many of the ones that used to be funny just went full retard like Homer, or they just go through the motions with forced cliches like Ralph Wiggum. There's nothing more that can be done with 30 year old characters, unless they want to finally make the kids age
But it's still drawing people somehow
The shyt sells it self
It's living off its name alone that's why people watch it

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
gvvd2oV.png

That dip between season 9 and 10. :damn:

At least Cosby and The Muppets knew when it was time to go.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People been saying the Simpsons have sucked for years but I still enjoy it, still laugh and will still continue to watch.

Daps
The Simpsons should just let the characters age. At least until Bart is a freshman in high school.

Look at the barthood episode for example.
:ehh:

The show is old & tired because they never evolved.:yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Very fun and informative watch. Personally can't speak for the accuracy in the dip in quality bc I stopped watching the show in the late 90s. I streamed the Simpsons movie when i was in college... more so out of nostalgia than anything, but I found it underwhelming. Outside of that i think i saw the lady gaga episode one sunday night with the fam a few years ago... and i found it forgettable.

Ultimately i would've been cool with them giving the show an emotional send off after it's 10th year, just to put a bowtie on it's 90s run... but i say that as someone who stopped watching the show anyway. Clearly it was still making a lot of money and still had a big audience even with the alleged decline, so i understand if they wanted to say fuk all the sentimental crap and milk it for another 20 years.

I'll always appreciate what it did for me in the 90s tho; especially the halloween specials which was like the best/most anticipated event for me once all the trick or treating was done.