[Video]The Fall of The Simpsons: How it Happened

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Amazing analysis of the show and its decline. :wow: I just want the show to end because it's gotten too :flabbynsick:.
eh It wasnt amazing imo

some stuff he seems to be taking from others and they dont seem right

like him claiming Simpsons was end to traditional family sitcoms when Married With Children did it to and premiered before the Simpson.

only thing he was spot on about seemed to be the Satire and relationships with celebrities

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
No lies detected. I tend to watch FXX (an all-Simpsons site) when I'm having trouble sleeping or twisting my hair, and I very rarely watch anything outside of the first nine seasons. Watching modern day Simpsons is like waiting for your grandparent to die. At some point, you wish the Grim Reaper would just put it out of its misery.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
No lies detected. I tend to watch FXX (an all-Simpsons site) when I'm having trouble sleeping or twisting my hair, and I very rarely watch anything outside of the first nine seasons. Watching modern day Simpsons is like waiting for your grandparent to die. At some point, you wish the Grim Reaper would just put it out of its misery.
:picard:damn, i wouldn't say that

but yeah, the first 8 seasons were too real but then it quickly became water downed with the staff members dying and leaving the show. they became too popular and the whole idea of introducing celebrities to the show was the down fall..

the simpsons movie was okay but they should of made one during earlier seasons..

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
:picard:damn, i wouldn't say that

That DID sound a little harsh. But I mean more along the lines of a sickly knocking-on-death's-door kind of grandparent, not my "Daisy-are-you-there-pick-up-the-phone" grandma who keeps treating my voicemail like an answering machine.

My granddad died of cancer and towards the end, we really were wishing he would die so he would stop suffering. His death was long, painful and cruel to everybody who loved him (especially his wife). When he finally passed, it was like we all breathed a sigh of relief.

That's what I was referring to about this show. You remember the good times with this show and you appreciate it to death, but you know that this show will never return to form. In fact, part of its legacy is about how far its fallen. I will say that I thought the movie was actually good; it probably should've ended there.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i never even see it mentioned so i question how its still on nowadays. whos the audience? r there people who hav hung in there since we were kids?

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Rep pending op. I enjoyed that. The narrator really broke down how the simpsons fell off in a beautifully poignant way.

In the 90s the simpsons was the show your parents wouldn't let you watch (and full house , Cosby and family matters were the preferred shows). Parents didn't want their kids to be like Bart. I remember being little and I would sneak and watch it and I said something sucks in front of my mom and she got so mad lol. Anyway the narrator is right. It is a sad odd parody of itself now. I can't say it better than he did.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Simpsons is still a solid show, only people who complain about it not being the same as the good ole days are people who supposedly don't watch it anymore:childplease:
I don't think any show that started before the internet and still going after it can be the same
That's the point though, it had to become a different show at the turn of the century and in the process loss it's essence. Yeah you may still like it, but the theory of the op's video is that it's two different shows now and if you liked it before you probably won't find the same essence in the its current version.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
That's the point though, it had to become a different show at the turn of the century and in the process loss it's essence. Yeah you may still like it, but the theory of the op's video is that it's two different shows now and if you liked it before you probably won't find the same essence in the its current version.
it lost its essence because "you" grew older. this "Simpsons Suck" opinion is not new, it just the people who grew up with it are older now and the show didn't grow up with them. The show does NOT suck, its just not for us anymore:flabbynsick:
When i still occasionally turn to it while waiting for GoT, its still one of the best looking shows on TV and I never end up saying that was a horrible episode of the Simpsons:manny: