Video Game Deals OT

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I agree. This issue is rare. It DID happen to me too though. I had to go to the store to get it sorted. GCU is the best deal in gaming period. Don't sleep on it. Regardless GCU has to be activated in store, that's something I don't feel best buy stressed enough and they should almost not even offer the membership online because it isn't valid anyway until you go to a store.

yeah I got my money back, going to go to the store and activate it anothe rtime. I didn't get it from the store originally because the price on the card said $99 and the online price said $30...come to find out it's $30 anyway.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to Pre-Order The Taken King on Best Buy's website, does anyone know how to apply my Gamers Club Unlocked card to this so I can get the discount. It's showing the full price for me and I don't see where to add my GCU info for this.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm trying to Pre-Order The Taken King on Best Buy's website, does anyone know how to apply my Gamers Club Unlocked card to this so I can get the discount. It's showing the full price for me and I don't see where to add my GCU info for this.
Once you activate the discount in the store you get an associate to link an email to the membership. When you go online sign in with that email and discounts will be applied automatically in the cart.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Once you activate the discount in the store you get an associate to link an email to the membership. When you go online sign in with that email and discounts will be applied automatically in the cart.
The cashier somehow didn't activate my account correctly. Had to go back to the store do it over. shyt took over 30 minutes for them to sort it out

SMH

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
The cashier somehow didn't activate my account correctly. Had to go back to the store do it over. shyt took over 30 minutes for them to sort it out

SMH

yeah this is the BS I'm talking about. I'm just gonna sign up again at a fancy best buy in manhattan.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

SMH
lmaoo. this happened to me too and it was just last week, I had to go twice, they are retards

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Ebay cancelling policy is so stupid, I made a bad purchase and cancelled within the 1st hr and this guy aint cancelling it. Now I have to resell this shyt:beli:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

SMH

yeah this is the BS I'm talking about. I'm just gonna sign up again at a fancy best buy in manhattan.

lmaoo. this happened to me too and it was just last week, I had to go twice, they are retards

That's a shame you had to go through that headache too. Once you get it sorted out though you'll have access to the absolute best deal in gaming. You'll start stacking up points too and getting extra $10 off on top of the 20% and be scooping up games on release day for $38

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

SMH
Yup same shyt happened to me. I got home ready to use it and it wasn't activated. I emailed Best Buy and was told I needed to go back into the store. Pissed me off cause the store was like 30 minutes away. For anybody buying one in the future I'd just try to use that shyt the second I walk out the store to put something in your cart on bestbuy online to see if the discount is applied. If not then go right back inside and see what's up.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yup same shyt happened to me. I got home ready to use it and it wasn't activated. I emailed Best Buy and was told I needed to go back into the store. Pissed me off cause the store was like 30 minutes away. For anybody buying one in the future I'd just try to use that shyt the second I walk out the store to put something in your cart on bestbuy online to see if the discount is applied. If not then go right back inside and see what's up.
I don't understand why their customer service rep on the phone couldn't activate the shyt for me.
"Sir, it looks like they entered it in incorrectly, you have to go back to the store"
:beli:

Then the guy at the store, tries to bullshyt me and say, "Well if you just bought it, then it may take 24 hours to show up"... I'm naw, I bought it on August 31st, and this is my 2nd time coming in here today. :smh:

After 30-40 minutes they finally link my GCU to my account... and again the guy tells me about the 24 hours thing, which is a no go because I was mainly activating to get Destiny's expansion with my discounted price, and the game comes out Tuesday. So I'm thinking this defeats the purpose if the account still isn't activated, because I'm trying to preorder the game now. I then preorder a copy in store, and the shyt still shows up as 59.99... I put 5 on it. I get home, check the website and surely it's the discounted price, so I buy it online and I'll have to cancel the in-store preorder when I pick up the one I copped online. Just a mess :laugh:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Might cop that Dark Souls II for 24$ :patrice:

I got 20$ to blow anyway.

When's the sale end again? Im havigng trouble checking on my phone.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Might cop that Dark Souls II for 24$ :patrice:

I got 20$ to blow anyway.

When's the sale end again? Im havigng trouble checking on my phone.
Just don't eat fast food for the rest of the month and it's paid off friend But are you sure you can handle dark souls. That's kind of elite friend. We don't want you to get stressed out here