Vid randomly came up on my ig feed. Jay z couldn't make solo hits

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
:patrice:
I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't even know what you are talking about. I don't understand anything you just said in this comment for me to be so obtuse.

Whenever people talk about #1’s they’re talking about the Hot 100 chart, not whatever bs you pulled up

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Whenever people talk about #1’s they’re talking about the Hot 100 chart, not whatever bs you pulled up

But the Billboard Hot 100 is technically the pop charts. The chart that you called BS that I posted is the Billboard rap charts. Rappers weren't chasing the pop charts in the 90s. EPMD had a whole song against doing that In 1992 called The Crossover. You obviously weren't around in the 90s if you think street rappers were trying to be #1 on the pop charts. And with that said Jay still went #1 on the pop charts in 1999 because he was on a Mariah song. The idiot in OPs video is stressing something that no real fan of Jay Z even cares about so you looking funny in the light making such a comment. Like seriously, 2Pac only went #1 on Billboard 100 with Dr Dre. You think any real fan of 2Pac gives a fuk that Pac doesn't have a Billboard #1 solo?
:mjlol:

FOH

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Jay z def has one of the weirder fan bases

A wu and nas stan will collect eveeything theyvw done

Jay fans arent near as rabid. And as we see, people question his influence at times. Hes one of the goats but he always appealed to the most casual hip hop listening fan base and they dont ride for him like others do.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa

Jay fans arent near as rabid. And as we see, people question his influence at times. Hes one of the goats but he always appealed to the most casual hip hop listening fan base and they dont ride for him like others do.
Casuals are not trying to listen to the whole project. They want hit songs meaning his projects don't get people that engaged without getting "lit"

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
But the Billboard Hot 100 is technically the pop charts. The chart that you called BS that I posted is the Billboard rap charts. Rappers weren't chasing the pop charts in the 90s. EPMD had a whole song against doing that In 1992 called The Crossover. You obviously weren't around in the 90s if you think street rappers were trying to be #1 on the pop charts. And with that said Jay still went #1 on the pop charts in 1999 because he was on a Mariah song. The idiot in OPs video is stressing something that no real fan of Jay Z even cares about so you looking funny in the light making such a comment. Like seriously, 2Pac only went #1 on Billboard 100 with Dr Dre. You think any real fan of 2Pac gives a fuk that Pac doesn't have a Billboard #1 solo?
:mjlol:

FOH

No, your dumbass is trying to change the criteria because you don’t like the facts that were presented to you. Anytime someone brings up #1s that’s the chart they’re talking about.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not true at all.

The fact that dude has done 2 B-Sides concerts negates that by itself.

If he doesn’t appeal to you, that’s fine, but to try to speak for an entire fan base is erroneous.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps

Many of those Jay fans didnt come to him as fans of his music. They came to him based on his success as a busiess man, being married to Beyonce etc. That celebrity worship type shyt.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Not true at all.

The fact that dude has done 2 B-Sides concerts negates that by itself.

If he doesn’t appeal to you, that’s fine, but to try to speak for an entire fan base is erroneous.
Why are you taking it as an attack lol

It was in nyc bruh. Jay has super stans like everyone else espexially in his hometown. Not like he could take that show around the country and thats my point. B side jay scares casual jay fans. Its a disconnect in the base i dont see with anyone else.

Just like the wannabe “drug dealers” who fukked with because he lived it. It was NEVER because he was the hands down illest music. It was always because he was a real gangster or because he was popping or whatever else. Half jays best lines go over his fans heads, hence why he tells you he dumbed it down. Dumbing it down lead him to being more popular but less dedicated fans in long term imo.

On average i fisn that to be the truth. Hence why all his later attemots at maintaining popularity was through giving away his album with phones or streaming or retiring or coming back or using a big movie. He latched onto kanye for dear life. Always a gimmick with him.

Last edited:

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you taking it as an attack lol

It was in nyc bruh. Jay has super stans like everyone else espexially in his hometown. Not like he could take that show around the country and thats my point. B side jay scares casual jay fans. Its a disconnect in the base i dont see with anyone else.

Just like the wannabe “drug dealers” who fukked with because he lived it. It was NEVER because he was the hands down illest music. It was always because he was a real gangster or because he was popping or whatever else. Half jays best lines go over his fans heads, hence why he tells you he dumbed it down. Dumbing it down lead him to being more popular but less dedicated fans in long term imo.

On average i fisn that to be the truth. Hence why all his later attemots at maintaining popularity was through giving away his album with phones or streaming or retiring or coming back or using a big movie. He latched onto kanye for dear life. Always a gimmick with him.

Simply pointing out the falsehood of your statement means I took it as an attack?

You’re still spouting off untruths as if they are facts, but to say nobody messed with him because he was the illest to them, tells me all I need to know about having this convo with you.

Peace.

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
No, your dumbass is trying to change the criteria because you don’t like the facts that were presented to you. Anytime someone brings up #1s that’s the chart they’re talking about.
Why are you e thugging and hurling insults tho? You don't know how to talk cordial like a mature adult? If we were having this discussion in the barber shop the word "dumbass" would never come out of your mouth. Don't be a fake e thug. Talk like if I was right next to you.

Now with that said. You are WRONG. I don't care about the "facts presented" because like I already said, no real fan of Jay Z gives a damn about him having a Billboard #1 solo. Jay doesn't make pop records so I would never expect that. The fact that he has #1s with Mariah and Beyonce and Alicia is just a plus for him. Similar to how Nas never have Billboard #1 solo either and no real Nas fan gives a damn. FACTS.

Also, I didn't change no criteria bringing up The Billboard rap charts. I pointed out info that was left out by highlighting that Jay Z actually has a Billboard # 1 solo in the category that actually matches Jay Zs music and instead of acknowledging that fact you called it BS.

:snoop:

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Why are you e thugging and hurling insults tho? You don't know how to talk cordial like a mature adult? If we were having this discussion in the barber shop the word "dumbass" would never come out of your mouth. Don't be a fake e thug. Talk like if I was right next to you.

Now with that said. You are WRONG. I don't care about the "facts presented" because like I already said, no real fan of Jay Z gives a damn about him having a Billboard #1 solo. Jay doesn't make pop records so I would never expect that. The fact that he has #1s with Mariah and Beyonce and Alicia is just a plus for him. Similar to how Nas never have Billboard #1 solo either and no real Nas fan gives a damn. FACTS.

Also, I didn't change no criteria bringing up The Billboard rap charts. I pointed out info that was left out by highlighting that Jay Z actually has a Billboard # 1 solo in the category that actually matches Jay Zs music and instead of acknowledging that fact you called it BS.

:snoop:

You’re the one that came aggressive cursing and talking about “FOH” but want to act like I initiated it? :what: Lmao female tendencies…:mjlol: