Vice Trailer (Christmas, Christian Bale as D!ck Cheney)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Shock and Awe was good too.
This country is something else man.
:deadmanny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Such a strange movie. It's impeccably produced (which is different from being well-made) but has no direction. The first half is a scattershot of events that are supposed to inform us of Cheney's come-up but only shows us arbitrary moments without any character development or motivation.

By then it's already clear that McKay doesn't give a shyt about Cheney the person, which brings in the second half about the Bush administration that tells us nothing a half informed person didn't already know about the administration, and only puts Cheney front and center as a manipulative b*stard, eg. a politician.

Add that McKay lost all subtlety in his presentation (probably the lack of a co-writer and more fact-driven source material) and it all is just a wildy uneven mismatch of things.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
CHRISTIAN and AMY goes to visit ALISON PILL, who is recovering in the HOSPITAL after some DOMESTIC INCIDENT.

ALISON PILL

Mom. Dad. I have to tell you something. I’m gay.

FAT CHRISTIAN BALE

(pauses)

(figures)

(muses)

No biggie.

AMY ADAMS

Are you sure about this? We’re conservative politicians. Gays are kind of a sticking point right now.

FAT CHRISTIAN BALE

I am sure… I feel love in my heart right now… Also several heart attacks… Scooch over, honeybun. Dad needs a hospital bed.

CHRISTIAN almost DIES several times. Luckily for his FAMILY but unluckily for the IRAQI POPULACE, he does NOT.

Vice: The Abridged Script

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
FINALLY SAW THIS

SPECTACULAR ACTING AND GREAT OVERALL PRODUCTION

I THOUGHT THE WAY IT WAS WRITTEN WAS CLEVER

WHETHER IT WAS FACTUALLY CORRECT IS ANOTHER DISCUSSION, BUT IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE REGARDLESS

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
tenor.gif

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Finally saw it. Movie was cool. On some level I can respect Cheney’s gangster.

Why didn’t Obama repeal the fair news act and some of that other wild shyt when he had all three branches of government?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished watching this, Cheney came off pretty good considering this a liberal movie. I love how the script explains all the politics especially if you're not really into politics.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This movie wasn’t good at all. Should have known that seeing the director is the guy behind most of Will Ferrell garbage. Movie didn’t know if it wanted to be serious or a mockmentary. Bale and Carrell did a great job but the material they had to work with was weak

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie wasn’t good at all. Should have known that seeing the director is the guy behind most of Will Ferrell garbage. Movie didn’t know if it wanted to be serious or a mockmentary. Bale and Carrell did a great job but the material they had to work with was weak
I liked the movie more than you, but I agree with your criticisms. The tone of the movie was all over the place.
Did you like the Big Short?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Caught this on Hulu. Wasn't into politics when everything was going on, so I can appreciate the context they provide for landmark rulings throughout the movie

One thing I didn't realize is that Trump's indifference to policy/governing where he was just giving away his responsibilities is very similar to Bush allowing Cheney to run the show. I'm guessing Reagan probably wasn't a policy wonk back in his day either and likely was being spoon-fed policy as well. Really makes the Republican presidents seem like unintelligent figureheads that are doing the bidding of the nefarious, smarter individuals like Cheney or Bannon

Last edited:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Finally watched this after avoiding for years

I liked it a lot. Sam Rockwell is so underrated lol

daemonova

Daps
Finally watched this after avoiding for years

I liked it a lot. Sam Rockwell is so underrated lol
Wasn't as good as big short, just leave the Republicans alone

Other ppl are behind Succession being as good as it is, he just directed the pilot.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Wasn't as good as big short but obviously better than bombshell, just leave the Republicans alone

Other ppl are behind Succession being as good as it is, he just directed the pilot.

gonna check out the big short tonight

Another flick I’ve been avoiding. Clearly I’m not a big fan of Adam Mckay

daemonova

Daps
gonna check out the big short tonight

Another flick I’ve been avoiding. Clearly I’m not a big fan of Adam Mckay
It's very good but it will bury you with jargon, I like Spotlight, but big short should have won picture of the year