Vice Trailer (Christmas, Christian Bale as D!ck Cheney)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This movie was amazing. Christian Bale should win an Oscar
I hated this move. Make no mistake, the performances were all top notch, particularly Bale. Like damn, this dude is really a chameleon. But that wasn't enough to make me digest this bullshyt. As a film, Vice felt very dishonest. It plays like leftish propaganda - and I'm very liberal. Like Elizabeth Warren liberal. I hate George Bush and his entire administration and what they did here and abroad. But this movie is like the left's version of those stupid right wing conspiracy movies about Obama and Hilary, you know the kind that have limited runs and play in small hick conservative towns right before an election. Only Hollywood is mostly Democrat and has much more money, so they can fund and distribute similar crappy propaganda films to a much wider audience and pawn it off like it's art. It's not fukking art. I would have much preferred to watch an investigative documentary in the same vein of Ava DuVernay's "13th" about dikk Cheney. Woo-boy, can you imagine how powerful a documentary exposing all of his shadiness and underhanded dealings would be? But this movie? Nope. This felt like something written by someone who really hates dikk Cheney. Don't get me wrong, it is perfectly fine to hate dikk Cheney, actually I don't think I could be friends with someone who liked dikk Cheney. He's probably the world's most underrated monster and he's responsible for millions of deaths. But making up shyt dialogue about what you imagined he and his friends probably said or could have said to weave a "biopic" about him and passing it off as fact is just not interesting. I could do that! Anyone who hates Cheney or Bush could do that. We just don't have the money to back our vision of it. I guess if you want to just hate-watch Cheney some more, this movie may affirm your hate, but outside of that, it's not worth much.

4/10. And that's only because there were good actors.
This is liberal propaganda? :russ: ridiculous statement. If Adam McKay just wanted to hate fukk Cheney he wouldn't have included any tender moments that were shown where he obviously loves his family. Adam McKay had fact checkers, interviewed 10 people off record that are close to Cheney to find out what he was like in private and had his biographer on set every day. This movie is factually correct, are you really upset about them writing dialogue that is unverifiable?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This movie was amazing. Christian Bale should win an Oscar

This is liberal propaganda? :russ: ridiculous statement. If Adam McKay just wanted to hate fukk Cheney he wouldn't have included any tender moments that were shown where he obviously loves his family. Adam McKay had fact checkers, interviewed 10 people off record that are close to Cheney to find out what he was like in private and had his biographer on set every day. This movie is factually correct, are you really upset about them writing dialogue that is unverifiable?

As a storyteller, I think it's hard to tell a good story when you hate your characters. McKay's disgust and loathing for his characters was blatant and it got in the way of the story. It was hard to really swallow the made up dialogue because he didn't hide how much he didn't like the characters. You saying it is factually correct doesn't make it so. Who were these 10 people he interviewed and consulted? Certainly no one who liked or was really close to Cheney. Cheney doesn't walk away one of the most secretive and stealth men in power because he surrounds himself with chatty patties. I doubt anyone who McKay "consulted" knew shyt about Cheney because why would Cheney keep the kind of people who would rat him out to a Hollywood director around him to hear those conversations? Which is why the documentary route would have been far more compelling than making up some shyt. But if you liked it, cool. I just think it played like that Obama hate film that came out four years ago. I don't like that kind of storytelling, but obviously, there's a market for it.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
As a storyteller, I think it's hard to tell a good story when you hate your characters. McKay's disgust and loathing for his characters was blatant and it got in the way of the story. It was hard to really swallow the made up dialogue because he didn't hide how much he didn't like the characters. You saying it is factually correct doesn't make it so. Who were these 10 people he interviewed and consulted? Certainly no one who liked or was really close to Cheney. Cheney doesn't walk away one of the most secretive and stealth men in power because he surrounds himself with chatty patties. I doubt anyone who McKay "consulted" knew shyt about Cheney because why would Cheney keep the kind of people who would rat him out to a Hollywood director around him to hear those conversations? Which is why the documentary route would have been far more compelling than making up some shyt. But if you liked it, cool. I just think it played like that Obama hate film that came out four years ago. I don't like that kind of storytelling, but obviously, there's a market for it.
If McKay hated Cheney why show any of the emotional moments with his family? Like when he accepted his gay daughter? You're the one saying this is propaganda, what parts were incorrect? I'll wait

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
If McKay hated Cheney why show any of the emotional moments with his family? Like when he accepted his gay daughter? You're the one saying this is propaganda, what parts were incorrect? I'll wait

He was trying to come across as truthful. He can't deny Cheney's acceptance of his gay daughter because that's public information and if he didn't show it, he was be accused of being shady. But there's a big difference between showing us what we already know and making up stuff about what we all speculate may have happened. I'm just saying that difference was too much for me. You can like it, I'm just saying I couldn't get into it because he basically admitted in the opening credits he made shyt up because Cheney is one of the most secretive people to ever be in power. He said that "they did their fukking best". My opinion is that wasn't good enough.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bout to go see this tomorrow ($5 Tuesdays at AMC theatres in the Chi for my Chi brehs). Bale is one of the best actors alive.

Have y'all seen dikk Cheney interviewed by Shasha Baron Cohen (disguised as an Israeli commando)?

Cheney is low key a terrifying person....straight up says "what we did in Desert Storm (was my favorite war)"...chilling stuff...dude knows he's above the law and literally does not give a f...even goes as far to say he will have to google 'dikk torture' and autographed a water board :ohhh:

Here's part of the interview:

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Not bad. Wanted more moments with Cheney and W.

The tone confused me but not bad nonetheless.

6/10

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Not as good as Big Short, but worth a watch. third act kills the tone of the movie, Im not as high on it as most people

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
I cant wait for his transformation into Mitch McConnell tho

681f56f0e76146d19249ad289e64e279-681f56f0e76146d19249ad289e64e279-0.jpg
:picard:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
My man got blasted like Daffy Duck with the Elmer Fudd shotty to the cheek bone and got on tv and apologized for getting shot.
:laff::laff:
they didn't even try to hide it behind context, he just shot him in the face. I was waiting to see the context, they said screw that and shot him in the face

but its clear that Adam McKay does not like dikk Cheney but still tried to be fair about it