Vice Trailer (Christmas, Christian Bale as D!ck Cheney)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I knew most of the story and characters, as I am a child of the early 2000's and late 90's, but it just didn't really work for me. The kind of 4th wall/gimmicky kind style that really made The Big Short, kind of felt tone deaf and intrusive here, along with it not really ever finding out what it was saying, and why. Like, i lived through all of it. The Bush Admin did indefensible things, and they shouldn't be forgiven. But, the movie ties the opioid crisis, the BP oil spill, and a few other tragedies to the Bush admin, in a very loose way, I mean I get the message, but it started to feel very Farenheit 9/11 at points. A movie, which I watched in 2004 or so, and enjoyed.

This, though, it doesn't every really find it's footing. I knew almost all the dikk Cheney story, I know of David Addington and Rumsfield, I didn't know how far back they went. I enjoyed the W Bush moments, but I had seen all that before in W. Carrells performance felt off and lifeless, though enjoyable in moments. Yeah, the credits scene was solid, but, too little, too late.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I knew most of the story and characters, as I am a child of the early 2000's and late 90's, but it just didn't really work for me. The kind of 4th wall/gimmicky kind style that really made The Big Short, kind of felt tone deaf and intrusive here, along with it not really ever finding out what it was saying, and why. Like, i lived through all of it. The Bush Admin did indefensible things, and they shouldn't be forgiven. But, the movie ties the opioid crisis, the BP oil spill, and a few other tragedies to the Bush admin, in a very loose way, I mean I get the message, but it started to feel very Farenheit 9/11 at points. A movie, which I watched in 2004 or so, and enjoyed.

This, though, it doesn't every really find it's footing. I knew almost all the dikk Cheney story, I know of David Addington and Rumsfield, I didn't know how far back they went. I enjoyed the W Bush moments, but I had seen all that before in W. Carrells performance felt off and lifeless, though enjoyable in moments. Yeah, the credits scene was solid, but, too little, too late.
he's still alive tho...I just love how fukking insane it appeared but it as factually true

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Explain brah?

Just how he rose up from being a fukk up in his life to becoming the most powerful man in Washington. He literally had an office in every branch of government to keep tabs on things. And when his term ended, he did not care that most of America hated him because he made a lot of money.

Once again, I'd like to reiterate that I think he's a scum bag though.

Spin

All Star
Daps
The statement "show, not tell" applies to this movie. Bale gave a great performance, but the narrator literally explained everything that could of been done with a few short scenes. The second half of the movie picked up for me because they just let it flow. Overall I was let down.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Bale's performance was spot on. The way he spoke out the side of his mouth and the heavy breathing and exhaling and shyt :wow:

Steve Carell killed it. Favorite actor so I'm biased but that man was fantastic

Amy Adams can get it no matter what the fukk make up she has on :lolbron:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I hated this move. Make no mistake, the performances were all top notch, particularly Bale. Like damn, this dude is really a chameleon. But that wasn't enough to make me digest this bullshyt. As a film, Vice felt very dishonest. It plays like leftish propaganda - and I'm very liberal. Like Elizabeth Warren liberal. I hate George Bush and his entire administration and what they did here and abroad. But this movie is like the left's version of those stupid right wing conspiracy movies about Obama and Hilary, you know the kind that have limited runs and play in small hick conservative towns right before an election. Only Hollywood is mostly Democrat and has much more money, so they can fund and distribute similar crappy propaganda films to a much wider audience and pawn it off like it's art. It's not fukking art. I would have much preferred to watch an investigative documentary in the same vein of Ava DuVernay's "13th" about dikk Cheney. Woo-boy, can you imagine how powerful a documentary exposing all of his shadiness and underhanded dealings would be? But this movie? Nope. This felt like something written by someone who really hates dikk Cheney. Don't get me wrong, it is perfectly fine to hate dikk Cheney, actually I don't think I could be friends with someone who liked dikk Cheney. He's probably the world's most underrated monster and he's responsible for millions of deaths. But making up shyt dialogue about what you imagined he and his friends probably said or could have said to weave a "biopic" about him and passing it off as fact is just not interesting. I could do that! Anyone who hates Cheney or Bush could do that. We just don't have the money to back our vision of it. I guess if you want to just hate-watch Cheney some more, this movie may affirm your hate, but outside of that, it's not worth much.

4/10. And that's only because there were good actors.