Michigan

I've seen this headline before :ohhh:

Halo Infinite
Starfield
Redfall
Motorsport 7

Hellblade 2

whoa-deja-vu-matrix-glitch.gif
Those first 2 were fairly successful for them. Nobody has said that about the next 2.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Aint noone give a shyt about a Ninja Theory game since they released that mid shyt on PS3, the only time they had a buzz is when they tried to kill Devil may Cry.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s easy to forget, though, that Hellblade was originally a PlayStation 4 console exclusive, and remained that way for eight months. As Xbox fans watched on at this brave, groundbreaking new IP picking up multiple awards for performance, audio design and writing, Hellblade was a valuable asset to PlayStation because it allowed fans to point to an exclusive that wasn’t just a sequel or a remaster.

In what alternate reality 2017 were playstation fans clamoring for a new exclusive IP that wasn’t Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, or Nioh? :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Journalists are so lazy and desperate for clicks. They obviously know what they're doing by putting pressure on this game. I never played the first game, but c'mon now this game isn't the game for mass appeal imo. So, it's dumb to put this kind of pressure on the game.
They way xbots talked about Hellblade 2 you'd think it was a new franchise. Xbots didn't give a fukk about HB1, and Sony guys largely didn't either. If it wasnt for mass appeal, then why keep teasing it as some epic title at shows geared towards mass appeal?

The truth is: y'all know it's gonna be a let down so now you wanna tank expectations

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this is a stupid take. it has the potential to be a critical success, but I don't think it's gonna have much mainstream appeal

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They way xbots talked about Hellblade 2 you'd think it was a new franchise. Xbots didn't give a fukk about HB1, and Sony guys largely didn't either. If it wasnt for mass appeal, then why keep teasing it as some epic title at shows geared towards mass appeal?

The truth is: y'all know it's gonna be a let down so now you wanna tank expectations
You can still hype a game if you're expecting critical success. Production wise it does look crazy, but I don't think this game would be the most important exclusive, and that type of title its setting it up for failure. I know its a different situation, but imagine if an author said "Returnal is the most important Playstation exclusive" That would just be dumb even though its a game that scored well with critics, but doesn't have mass appeal to move units. I feel Hellblade 2 falls into that category and releasing on gamepass could help it with word of mouth.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You can still hype a game if you're expecting critical success. Production wise it does look crazy, but I don't think this game would be the most important exclusive, and that type of title its setting it up for failure. I know its a different situation, but imagine if an author said "Returnal is the most important Playstation exclusive" That would just be dumb even though its a game that scored well with critics, but doesn't have mass appeal to move units. I feel Hellblade 2 falls into that category and releasing on gamepass could help it with word of mouth.
QPmeD7.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It won best Indie game of 2017, by players on Sony's own PlayStation Blog

IGN gave it a 9/10
Polygon gave it a 8.5/10
EGM gave it a 8.5/10
Gamespot gave it a 8/10

It won 5 awards at the 2017 TGAs

Nikkas in here pretending Hellblade wasn't major Console War fodder back then.
:francis:

You’re gonna sit here and tell me it was such a big important playstation exclusive?

It hit 1 million sales over a year later across 3 platforms.

In comparison Sifu hit 1 million in 3 weeks on 2

Last edited: