VFX artists are refusing to work with Marvel

dfresh

Pro
Daps
Vfx/cgi takes time You can’t just throw money and be like i need it in 4 months. That’s why their vfx doesn’t even look that good
This. They’re not being given enough time to work on projects. Money isn’t the issue here.

Also having a company like marvel on your resume that you did subpar work for because you didn’t have enough time is not a good look and can affect future employment.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This. They’re not being given enough time to work on projects. Money isn’t the issue here.

Also having a company like marvel on your resume that you did subpar work for because you didn’t have enough time is not a good look and can affect future employment.

You can tell the people in this thread who understand the concept of references and the ones who don't.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Anime industry in Japan like this on steroids. Thing is though, you can only kill your talent for so long until there comes a point people just pick different careers and you have no choice but to pick people who can only accomplish half-assed work, or nobody at all. VFX and Game industry needs a change, should not be in buisness If youve got to crunch every damn project you work on ( I understand it occasionally or for crunch to routinely happen at a conventional time in development, but it should not practically be a lifestyle of the work)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't they build their own company ??

Vfx nowadays is considered as needed
Vfx studios are created all the time. They're shuttered just as quick

Vfx is a contractor/gig based game. These studios usually only last for 2-3 projects and have to split up to find work because the business is so sporadic

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is bullshyt btw. Marvel knows which movies they’re making years in advance.

But they take their time finding writers, producers and directors. And lately they’ve been changing plots at the last minute. So by the time they get to post production the VFX people bear the brunt of the deadline.

All I care about is Black Panther. They had plenty of time to do it the right way.