Verzuz Presents: 8Ball & MJG vs UGK 5/26 8PM ET

deleteuser101

Superstar
Daps
UGK should get this W. They have more influence in the generation that followed. From Lil Wayne, T.I, Jeezy, Boosie, Webbie, Gucci, Meg Thee Stallion, etc.

Then the music aged better imo, Pimp was ahead of his time with the production.

I know ima be semi bias being from the 409, but I fw Ball & G. I just don’t think they have the catalog of longevity as UGK

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UGK should get this W. They have more influence in the generation that followed. From Lil Wayne, T.I, Jeezy, Boosie, Webbie, Gucci, Meg Thee Stallion, etc.

Then the music aged better imo, Pimp was ahead of his time with the production.

I know ima be semi bias being from the 409, but I fw Ball & G. I just don’t think they have the catalog of longevity as UGK

Ball & G have as much influence as UGK. And just about every artist you listed would say Ball & G was one of their influences. They were some of the first Southern acts to be featured on an East Coast album way back in 1997.

deleteuser101

Superstar
Daps
Ball & G have as much influence as UGK. And just about every artist you listed would say Ball & G was one of their influences. They were some of the first Southern acts to be featured on an East Coast album way back in 1997.

No they dont. :mjlol: Pimp C's production alone put him in a class by himself, the producers like David Banner, Jazze Pha, etc. They just wasnt influenced they replicated the sound. Seeing Pimp did create the southern sound for production. but Every artist I mentioned has specifically said that UGK was either there favorite group of all time or there favorite period. EX: Lil Wayne has UGK in his top 5 OAT. same wit Boosie & Webbie, aint no artist on that list puttin Ball & G in they top, maybe in Memphis :yeshrug:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I'm not seeing where people would say UGK would sweep. Just saying UGK would get the W
ball n mjg got some hits...its not a sweep...

bun gone make it a bun b n friends vs ball n mjg..

the comments durin the versus gone tell who are casuals vs who are die hard

i wanna see tony baker hoe ass comments

eightball n mjg L's come later in ttheir career...

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they dont. :mjlol: Pimp C's production alone put him in a class by himself, the producers like David Banner, Jazze Pha, etc. They just wasnt influenced they replicated the sound. Seeing Pimp did create the southern sound for production. but Every artist I mentioned has specifically said that UGK was either there favorite group of all time or there favorite period. EX: Lil Wayne has UGK in his top 5 OAT. same wit Boosie & Webbie, aint no artist on that list puttin Ball & G in they top, maybe in Memphis :yeshrug:

I came up bumping Eazy-E, Cube, and Dre (Scarface, OutKast what's happening nikkas!)
Eightball MJG UGK
They raised me like Sonny raised C---- T.I., "Bezzle"

What else did you listen to growing up?

Like 8 Ball & MJG, UGK, NWA, shyt like that. I listened to music when music was an everyday part of your life, not the way shyt is now. ---- Jeezy

He drew inspiration from rappers like Master P., Eightball & MJG, the Geto Boys, UGK 10 Things You Didn't Know about Webbie

^^^ Like I said most of the rappers you listed also cite Eightball & MJG as influences.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Never got into UGK... but Eightball N MJG is my favorite group of all time... :blessed:

1. Sittin on Top of the World
2. Space Age Pimpin
3. Sho-Nuff
4. Love Hurts
5. Artists Pays the Price
6. Lay It Down
7. Funk Mission
8. Paid Dues
9. Belly
10. Nobody
11.Dont Want no Drama
12. Dont Flex
13. Stay Fly feat 3-6 Mafia
14. Just Like Candy
15. Friend or Foe
16. Backyard Mississippi feat Goodie Mob (Top 10 song of all time)
17. On The Outside Lookin In
18. Where You From feat Mobb Deep
19. Ghetto Luv
20. Comin Out Hard.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
ball n mjg got some hits...its not a sweep...

bun gone make it a bun b n friends vs ball n mjg..

the comments durin the versus gone tell who are casuals vs who are die hard

i wanna see tony baker hoe ass comments

eightball n mjg L's come later in ttheir career...
Oh yeah I agree I definitely dont think it would be a sweep. It's gonna be close.