Very Important Thread: BLACKS MUST GAIN CONTROL OF OUR OWN IMAGE!!!!!!!!!

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
If they wanted to challenge their beliefs they would , if they were content in believing all black people are whatever negative stereotype they wouldn't. You could show a bunch of racists the most positive representation of black people and in their minds black ppl would still be reduced to that negative stereotype
But the biggest impact of having more control over our own image has nothing to do with other races. It has everything to so with our own racial pride and self-esteem like I stated in the OP.

Fukk everyone else. The cycle won't end unless our youths "circumference of awareness" gets bigger. They MUST see a wider array of possibilities for themselves.

Think its a conspiracy theory or not, but their was a specific reason the t.v show "A Different World" was taken off the air:

It was inspiring blacks in a positive way.

There is a specific reason why 90% of mainstream, easily-accessible rap music glorifies a criminal lifestyle. Half the reason is that it criminalizes the entire black image and the other half is that its used as a sort of "carrot" dangling in front of a rabbit for young, impressionable minds. Those are the types of images they WANT young black boys and girls to see of themselves.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
This is only attainable through economic empowerment

Eff an image. The issue blacks face is not owning their lives/land/resources thus they have to care what other people think. If blacks owned and controlled infrastructure we could wear bathrobes and du rags all day and nobody could or would say anything.

Do y'all not realize that the first step towards what y'all are talking about is a change in how we feel about ourselves and each other? ?? Racial pride leads to unity. Unity leads to the things y'all are talking about. Y'all are placing the carriage before the horse.

Learning our own history and gaining a sense of how great we once were as a people is step #1. This will give us "pride" in being black. Too many of us aren't actually "proud" of being black. White supremacy thrives off of our collective low self esteem. This is where seeing ourselves in a more positive light comes into play.

Constantly seeing young black men pointing finger guns at cameras is having a detrimental effect on our collective psyche and we don't even realize it:wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Do y'all not realize that the first step towards what y'all are talking about is a change in how we feel about ourselves and each other? ?? Racial pride leads to unity. Unity leads to the things y'all are talking about. Y'all are placing the carriage before the horse.

Learning our own history and gaining a sense of how great we once were as a people is step #1. This will give us "pride" in being black. Too many of us aren't actually "proud" of being black. White supremacy thrives off of our collective low self esteem. This is where seeing ourselves in a more positive light comes into play.

Constantly seeing young black men pointing finger guns at cameras is having a detrimental effect on our collective psyche and we don't even realize it:wow:

Black people do not need unity.
Many black people do not deserve to be saved.
What is needed is a vangaurd group to establish infrastructure which will in turn establish law.

If you want in you abide by the laws of the land, if not then you can bounce.

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
But the biggest impact of having more control over our own image has nothing to do with other races. It has everything to so with our own racial pride and self-esteem like I stated in the OP.

Fukk everyone else. The cycle won't end unless our youths "circumference of awareness" gets bigger. They MUST see a wider array of possibilities for themselves.

Think its a conspiracy theory or not, but their was a specific reason the t.v show "A Different World" was taken off the air:

It was inspiring blacks in a positive way.

There is a specific reason why 90% of mainstream, easily-accessible rap music glorifies a criminal lifestyle. Half the reason is that it criminalizes the entire black image and the other half is that its used as a sort of "carrot" dangling in front of a rabbit for young, impressionable minds. Those are the types of images they WANT young black boys and girls to see of themselves.

Well I agree that there is intrinsic value in promoting positive images of blacks for black youths, but it's the tip of the iceberg in regards to enacting tangible results. If the airways were flooded overnight with black "greats," how would that help our youth if they were still poor, getting subpar education, etc ? I don't think changing media representation is worthless, but our public image is just that--an image. The rral.work to be done involves actual people, not just images of people

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Why do black people think rocking european suits will make you respectable?

:russ:

Ya ancestors aint wear no damn suits
:mjlol:

Our slave descended ancestors wore suits and had nice haircuts but cacs killed them for being too 'uppity'. We weren't even allowed to paint our houses a nice color or cacs would kill us.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
The media outlets shapeshifts to adapt.

"Media propaganda" is currently one of the most effective weapons of white supremacy:

BREAKING: Media Propaganda Is the "Glue" That Holds White Supremacy Together
I've been saying this for YEARS. People underestimate the power of propaganda not realizing that while art imitates life, higher powers use art to create life to stereotypical ideas by bombarding the populace with lies until they are realities.

Media gives a sense of false authority where people think something is true if they see it online or on television.

Pushing ideas over and over again is a way to normalize false realities and make people internalize them until they are acting on them. That's when it comes full circle: when u can turn somebody into the lies you've been telling about them.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. The reason these images of rappers, entertainers etc are what are currently popular is because it's what the majority consider important and cool.
It's a cycle though. The reason people think those images are important and cool is because it was pumped into their brains through media from childhood on.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Lets all imagine a society where blacks actually controlled our own image in the mainstream media. Everytime we turned on our t.v's we were flooded with positive images of people that looks like us. Everytime we ride on the interstates and highways we see billboards of black lawyers, doctors, etc. Instead of buffoon rappers being our main representation:

RickRoss_RickDiamond.jpg
bt893pv6mjbefvhfysvl.jpg

Gucci-mane-guns.png
sagging-pants.jpg

We would see a more TRUE reflection of your average black person and also more images for the youth to look up to that they hardly ever see currently besides athletes and rappers:

3866811a0fb059d23af7b522ba046d23.jpg

y6d3b7abkoqg0moxgwdn.jpg
black_lawyers_group_shot.jpg

cornwell1.jpg

LIST_DOCTORS.jpg
tumblr_nm1eobHo941u8ohcho1_500.jpg

and the majority of images we see of whites/nonblacks were
c831498d0c5453e16399e7d408394273.jpg

200px-Wigger_stomach_tattoo.jpg
x209vh0
DIRTY_phpzc7MX5.jpg

sag-pants.jpg
jpeg1.jpg

PbxlkwoUljAD.jpg

Right now, the pics of whites are a reality for black people. These are the main types of images that are being flooded in the media of blacks. The pants sagging, weed smoking, gun-toting thug.

Blacks having little to no control of our own image is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We MUST somehow gain control of our own image. Its crazy when you think about it, yet most of us dont. Not having control over our image ties directly to our own racial-pride and collective self-esteem as a people. It affects how we feel about ourselves and each other. It influences the futures of the youth. If little black boys and girls dont see positive images of themselves, it limits their "circumference of awareness", meaning that the body cant do what the mind doesnt know even exists.

You always worried about what THEY think.....:scust:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You always worried about what THEY think.....:scust:

Lacking an awareness of "what they think" can mean the difference between life and death. Such was the case with the young black man from Texas who went to Greece with his white friends and wasn't worried about what "they" thought.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
In the same vein -
This includes how they depict us in commercials (ratchet) & news interviews (most likely an unintelligible comment from a random (though purposefully selected) black person being interviewed in a yard, on a street corner, etc. Notice that when 'others' are being interviewed it is inside their home, a business, etc.) Channel 7 is notorious for this tactic.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Lacking an awareness of "what they think" can mean the difference between life and death. Such was the case with the young black man from Texas who went to Greece with his white friends and wasn't worried about what "they" thought.

Breh racism aint based on our actions....nor will positive reinforcement change this.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia

:dahell: is this shyt?:hhh:

Growing up, there was something about The Cosby Show and A Different World.:wow: The images (both subliminal and overt) were so indelible to my young mind. :blessed:

Though some here may differ, but, as a young black man, who goes to work dressed well with the ability to have (and project) a succinct intellect, wit, humor, etc. scares the shyt outta/ intimidate cacs. Without typifying the usual adage of an "Angry Black Man," cac coworkers know what stands before them is either a formidable ally or opponent:birdman:. It's their choice.

My 2 pennies, breh.

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Lets all imagine a society where blacks actually controlled our own image in the mainstream media. Everytime we turned on our t.v's we were flooded with positive images of people that looks like us. Everytime we ride on the interstates and highways we see billboards of black lawyers, doctors, etc. Instead of buffoon rappers being our main representation:

RickRoss_RickDiamond.jpg
bt893pv6mjbefvhfysvl.jpg

Gucci-mane-guns.png
sagging-pants.jpg

We would see a more TRUE reflection of your average black person and also more images for the youth to look up to that they hardly ever see currently besides athletes and rappers:

3866811a0fb059d23af7b522ba046d23.jpg

y6d3b7abkoqg0moxgwdn.jpg
black_lawyers_group_shot.jpg

cornwell1.jpg

LIST_DOCTORS.jpg
tumblr_nm1eobHo941u8ohcho1_500.jpg

and the majority of images we see of whites/nonblacks were
c831498d0c5453e16399e7d408394273.jpg

200px-Wigger_stomach_tattoo.jpg
x209vh0
DIRTY_phpzc7MX5.jpg

sag-pants.jpg
jpeg1.jpg

PbxlkwoUljAD.jpg

Right now, the pics of whites are a reality for black people. These are the main types of images that are being flooded in the media of blacks. The pants sagging, weed smoking, gun-toting thug.

Blacks having little to no control of our own image is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We MUST somehow gain control of our own image. Its crazy when you think about it, yet most of us dont. Not having control over our image ties directly to our own racial-pride and collective self-esteem as a people. It affects how we feel about ourselves and each other. It influences the futures of the youth. If little black boys and girls dont see positive images of themselves, it limits their "circumference of awareness", meaning that the body cant do what the mind doesnt know even exists.

U must be talking to me.

Looking back I can now see I was becoming a product of my environment. I don't remember if I thought things weren't reachable or if I had serious doubt in myself, forgive me, it's been that long.

But if it wasn't for my sister becoming a nurse, idk where I would be. Once she did something I was like if she can do it, why can't I? so I did it.

This all may sound strange but if u don't see people making it out and doing things it makes u feel like your not any different and u become the product of your environment.

Idk, this can just be me I guess.