Very Important Thread: BLACKS MUST GAIN CONTROL OF OUR OWN IMAGE!!!!!!!!!

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Cac Jews control the image of Black males in the media, and they're way more organized and powerful.

Agree with OP, but the Jews have too much influence right now it's an uphill battle.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
you have to repair the culture first breh.....
I honestly think changing the images of what we see of ourselves is the first step to changing the culture.

Constantly seeing ourselves in a negative and inferior light affects our collective self-esteem and what we think we can achieve.

Us gaining more control over our own image is a HUGE necessity

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is the age of information in America. Your point might have some merit in locations where ppl have restricted control over media they consume, but Americans have more access to books, Internet service, smart phones, etc. Anybody who wants to see a varied image of black ppl can certainly do so. Anyone too lazy to do a simple Google search of black lawyers or black doctors, etc. Isn't truly interested in challenging their beliefs
Why would anybody not black just wake up randomly and say "hey, I wanna see a varied image of blacks" :jbhmm:

That would take awareness in the first place and a concerted effort. Not happening. What's pushed in the mainstream media (t.v, radio) is always gonna have the biggest effect on the subconscious minds of the masses. That's why it's so effective in the first place. People think the images they are seeing is strictly "entertainment", when in reality there is a concerted effort to demonize/criminalize the black image via this so called "entertainment".

Last edited:

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
c831498d0c5453e16399e7d408394273.jpg

200px-Wigger_stomach_tattoo.jpg
x209vh0
DIRTY_phpzc7MX5.jpg

sag-pants.jpg
jpeg1.jpg

PbxlkwoUljAD.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Where did you get these fruits? :dead:

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
To the people that say "we can't change how we are presented, thus can't fix it."
Yes you can. This thread is a conversation on an internet site that is open to be viewed by a theoretical millions of people. My point is that, the consensus so far in the thread is all in agreement. This can be replicated on blogs, social media...given a larger/more open platform to demonstrate and cultivate the voices of dissention. It's not right nor is it how we wish to be represented. Regardless of the fact that you will see nikkas dressed like that at the corner store. These images are not us, it's part of us... but NOT us.

Then you are going to get the folks that say "I shouldn't have to change my culture to be represented fairly/wholesomely." There is truth in that, but it's far sighted, the entertainment of debauchery has its place....it just needs to take a back seat for the foreseeable future.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I control pretty much everything I consume these days, as far as entertainment

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Why would anybody not black just wake and say "hey, I wanna see a varied image of blacks" :jbhmm:

That would take awareness in the first place and a concerted effort. Not happening. What's pushed in the mainstream media (t.v, radio) is always gonna have the biggest effect on the subconscious of the masses.
If they wanted to challenge their beliefs they would , if they were content in believing all black people are whatever negative stereotype they wouldn't. You could show a bunch of racists the most positive representation of black people and in their minds black ppl would still be reduced to that negative stereotype

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is only attainable through economic empowerment

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What do you think about black people controlling their own image?

Do you or do you NOT think that's important.

Eff an image. The issue blacks face is not owning their lives/land/resources thus they have to care what other people think. If blacks owned and controlled infrastructure we could wear bathrobes and du rags all day and nobody could or would say anything.