Variety Estimating Fate Of The Furious to break Star Wars BO Record With $534 Million

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It may not fall as short though in the states. It's got no comp from now till Guardians comes out and sucks up all the oxygen so we'll see. But even if it does come up well short, it's still one hell of a W and yeah worldwide it's insane how well this thing does. Like I said, character first. All the spectacle and ridiculousness aside, people love these characters and will watch them go through anything and everything.
Cmon breh we know The Lost City of Z, The Circle and Sleight will take it's box office dollars :skip: :troll:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I really don't understand this shyt :russ: if it's not your cup of tea cool. Avatar made all the money in the world but I didn't like it. But I get why it hit a chord with people. Cameron does spectacle better than most and that movie is pure spectacle. Why movies hit with people especially certain movies isn't hard to understand. Just because you don't fukk with it doesn't mean no one else does or that they shouldn't. @steadyrighteous Coli film boardroom strikes again

I haven't been in this or any F&F thread for this same reason.

I don't fukk with 'em like that, but to act like because I don't other people shouldn't is idiotic.

I get why they work, and more power to them.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It may not fall as short though in the states. It's got no comp from now till Guardians comes out and sucks up all the oxygen so we'll see. But even if it does come up well short, it's still one hell of a W and yeah worldwide it's insane how well this thing does. Like I said, character first. All the spectacle and ridiculousness aside, people love these characters and will watch them go through anything and everything.
Nah its on track to make far less than 350 domestically. The comp is definitely lacking for the next two weeks, that's true. I though it would do more than a 100 this past weekend though. So interest in the states has fell off.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Congratulations to F Gary Gray #blackexcellence

giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah its on track to make far less than 350 domestically. The comp is definitely lacking for the next two weeks, that's true. I though it would do more than a 100 this past weekend though. So interest in the states has fell off.

Only compared to the 7th. It's still the highest grossing one besides that one. And like an exec said they caught lightning in the bottle for part 7. No one was expecting it ever to do those numbers domestically again. So they assumed the worst

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only compared to the 7th. It's still the highest grossing one besides that one. And like an exec said they caught lightning in the bottle for part 7. No one was expecting it ever to do those numbers domestically again. So they assumed the worst
That movie was always going to be the peak.

It made a wiz Khalifa song one of the biggest songs of all time.

But worldwide it's not slowing down.

This will probably do 1.3 billion.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:russ:

I'm sure it was written by one of our very own Coli Casting Couch & Assoc.

"I understand the role calls for a beaten down male Hispanic teacher is his late 50s, but have you considered Alexandra Daddario? :jbhmm:"

CCC&A - "t*ts First, Talent Later"
:russ: You forgot ass. t*ts and ass first talent later.

CCC&A- if you don't have t*ts and ass no way you can be a star