Valdis Story: Abyssal City (Windows, Mac) (Made by a Black Game Developer)

Daps
The creators put a new blog post out: http://endlessfluff.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/blogpost-tapas-style/

Blogpost Tapas Style.
September 17, 2014 by Carolina!
I have a blog post for you that resembles Spanish tapas more than anything else. What we have here is a wide for variety of delicious news snippets since I know we’ve left you a little hungry for updates as of late. It’s probably not everything you want to hear but at least it’s to tell you that we are alive and heavily working on Vladyn’s update . Hey, that’s part of the reason there’s were no updates really.

food_full.png

1. New Website!

First bit of tasty news, we have a new website! We’ve far out grown our old endlessfluff.com site, especially since we haven’t even updated anything on there at all. Now the game homepages and blog will be in one place. It hasn’t interrupted Vladyn’s update at all, because…

2. Here Comes a New Challenger!
There’s fresh blood on the battlefield. We’ve needed a bit of a helping hand getting things done around here, so we acquired a freelancer! He’s working along side us to help us with production tasks, webdev, and anything we really need. He’s a long time friend, and we’ve worked with him at other companies. His name is Khoeun, AKA Fish, AKA KTEP, AKA Clam Shucker, AKA Crab Crusher. He’s the reason we were able to update the site without interrupting Valdis Story’s full time production.

2014-09-17-03-37-25-1-e1410984335501.jpg

3. Enemy Concepts Continued
In the last blog post I shared the design process on new enemy development. We’ve made a lot of progress since then. Scroll below to see what the in game sprites look like for the enemy in the last blog post and a look at a whole new one. Some of you pointed out how it’s very different from the other enemies in the game and you’re right. The zone that’s coming out in the next update doesnt have Angels, Demons or Ferals. It will have a new enemy type.

4. Updates on Vladyn
We don’t have a date for Vladyn’s update but there’s a lot of new stuff coming along with him. We’re getting pretty close. It’s been longer than expected so apologies about that. Here’s some Vladyn screenshots.

5. New Tune
Zack recently finished up Vladyn’s new theme. Give it a listen-

6. Frequently Asked Questions
  • When is the Mac build coming out? The Mac build will be bundled with Valdyn’s update. Note: This will be the first time we develop anything for Mac so we don’t expect things to go smoothly. Bare with us and thanks for being extremely patient on this front!
  • Will you port to Playstation, Xbox, Vita, ect.? Should we be able to port,any and all ports will have to wait until all content is complete. That means Gilda and Vladyn versions. To be honest, even though we love the idea, we’re hitting game dev fatigue with Valdis Story so we really appreciate the inquiries but it also depends on the economic feasibility and ease to produce said port.
  • Translation? Again this is much easier when all content is complete( Gilda and Vladyn Patches). Implementing different languages is a tedious task. Having a third person on hand in the studio does make this easier.
  • Can I make a let’s play video of Valdis Story and put ads on it? YES. One million times, YES.
  • So, like, when will the Vladyn update happen ? Sooooooooooon but no date, sorry! Keep a look out on here for that kind of info! Remember, this isn’t dlc. It will just be updated with the game you already own.

That’s all for now. At some point I’d like to get us back to updating weekly but we’ve been concentrating on finishing the game.

ps: this blog post was brought you by my love for the food in Dragon’s Crown.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Homie need to stop playing and drop that Mac port so I can buy it and never play it :birdman: I guess it's just years of console gaming that makes me hate playing games on my laptop...... :yeshrug:

Daps
https://endlessfluff.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/marching-on/

Marching On
Posted on March 27, 2015 by Caro!
So looks like the days have flown by since the last update. Time to break the silence.

Dropping News
The status of the Valdis Story update is… we’re only waiting for a few more assets but after that we’ll be done with all content. When that happens, the update will launch a Mac build and include both Vladyn and Gilda. That’s right, the next update will have both characters. No year long wait for Gilda! That’s not even including all the other stuff we put in there. Exciting, yes!?

Extended Album
Valdis Story coming to a close also means Zack completed all tracks for the game. In fact he’s just released the expansion album for sale. Have a listen over here then gently open your wallet and violently throw money at him until he can’t handle it anymore. No really, there are 10 tracks on this and it’s pay what you want. Zack is a crazy kid. Pay the dollar dollars.

Lines and Scratches
In the meantime, I’ve been working on another wallpaper. This time it’s for welcoming Gilda to the game. Here’s a sneak

gilda_wallpaper_making-progress.jpg

That’s all for now!

Thanks for hangin’ in there!

-Caro

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Product Update v1.0.0.23
May 4 - EF Admin
Update v1.0.0.23 contains a some more optimization improvements, bug fixes, and a lot of new content. This update brings 2 new playable characters as well as a Mac version of the game. Some of the changes in this version are as follows.

Fixed
  • Some broken texture issues resolved.
  • Various typos.
  • Holy wisp was improperly blocking Black Blessing and Holy Order.
  • Punch/Kick bonuses not being applied properly when Reina has Dark Totem equipped.
  • Bug where poison affliction would miss some damage ticks on enemies.
  • Various player skill bugs.
  • Collision detection on pressure switches.
  • Clock improperly counting down at equip screen during Goibniu mode.

Added
  • Vladyn and Gilda are now playable after completing the game once on any difficulty.
  • Millinery is open for business.
  • New Adventurer vendor in Tagrum/Hrukk/Ishk.
  • New Accessory [Treasure Hunter’s Gimcrack].
  • Upgrade for [Mana Key Stone].
  • New item type [Elixir] can now be attained. (Adventurer Vendor)
  • New vendor in Hrukk, Claudia’s Workshop.
  • Various new treasure chests in some areas.
  • Four new bosses.
  • New Zone “Tainted Laboratory”.
  • New Zone “Hall of the Fallen”.
  • Now 16 total save slots.
  • New Crew Member Daemahn.
  • New Achievements.

Changed
  • Teachings of Lifeblade changed to a passive Key Item.
  • Increased cold damage from frozen areas on Veteran difficulty and Higher.
  • How much mana cost scales with Soul level for most spells.
  • [Angel Sapphire] added to Angel Soldier loot table.
  • [Demon Ruby] added to Assassin loot table.
  • Expanded some of the smaller zones.
  • Multiple changes for Azudor/Dhistahn mine battle and rewards.
  • Slightly increased Luck required to level up [Fate Roulette].
  • Increased Corruptions Armor/Resist reduction from 15% to 20%.
  • All damage for player [Fire] magic spells reduced by 30%
  • [Burn] affliction can now stack up to 5x.
  • Reduced [Stun] affliction duration, increased damage taken while stunned.
  • Various Armor/Resist changes to some enemies.
  • Updated multiple enemy variants.
  • Various map changes in Temple zone.
  • Some passages in the Prison zone modified to account for new zones.
  • How often Feral Sirens will shield themselves.
  • Size of [Hurricane Rage] focus finisher now scales with [Int].
  • [Volt Aura] Duration shortened and attack trigger changed.
  • [Volt Aura] can block Lightning traps and static affliction.
  • [Bolt Jump] spell replaced with new [Bolt Shackle] spell.
  • [Warp Blade] Critical hits will summon a void magic warp blade to strike your target.
  • Increased Mp cost of [Divine Decoy].
  • Circumstances under which Zealots will use their Burst counter attack.
  • Poison trap when using bow and dagger now has 100% chance to cause affliction.
  • Various tweaks to some bosses behaviors.
  • True Anemone’s crystals now only recover her shields.
  • Brizhal attack animation and behavior for better accuracy and range.

There are a ton of fixes/changes/additions in this update as you can see, and I'm there are many not listed here that escape me at the moment.

Daps
The developers are working on their next game

We're working on...

We’re working on…
Posted on January 25, 2016 by Caro!
A TACTICS PROJECT!
There! Cat’s out of the cardboard castle. The work you see below is the accumulation of 3 and a half months of production with game design docs that are older than that.

This game is yet to be titled but for the time being we will call it ….

FAE TACTICS’!
It takes place in the same world as ‘Legend of Fae’ but will feature an entirely new story and new cast of characters.

We don’t have a release date in mind but Fae Tactics is meant to be a shorter production. Kyron and myself are working full time on this and the style of graphics really allows us to move much faster while really enjoying the creation process. We are still pretty early into this one but would like to share development posts again soon.

Fae Tactics is being developed in Game Maker and the target platform is PC.

qht3xsw.gif
lof_tactics_gif_attack.gif

More posts to come.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
The developers are working on their next game

We're working on...

We’re working on…
Posted on January 25, 2016 by Caro!
A TACTICS PROJECT!
There! Cat’s out of the cardboard castle. The work you see below is the accumulation of 3 and a half months of production with game design docs that are older than that.

This game is yet to be titled but for the time being we will call it ….

FAE TACTICS’!
It takes place in the same world as ‘Legend of Fae’ but will feature an entirely new story and new cast of characters.

We don’t have a release date in mind but Fae Tactics is meant to be a shorter production. Kyron and myself are working full time on this and the style of graphics really allows us to move much faster while really enjoying the creation process. We are still pretty early into this one but would like to share development posts again soon.

Fae Tactics is being developed in Game Maker and the target platform is PC.

qht3xsw.gif
lof_tactics_gif_attack.gif

More posts to come.

:lupe:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Picked this up from the sale, put a hour in and it's been great so far:whoo: