Valdis Story: Abyssal City (Windows, Mac) (Made by a Black Game Developer)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
*sees metroidvania*

*sees no samus*

:camby:

lol, I don't know why Castlevania gets props. Metroid was the 'open' platformer where you needed certain items to progress. I think Simon's Quest was kinda like that, but Metroid came first :manny:

Super Metroid really refined that style of game

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
lol, I don't know why Castlevania gets props. Metroid was the 'open' platformer where you needed certain items to progress. I think Simon's Quest was kinda like that, but Metroid came first :manny:

Castlevania wasn't on that 2d adventure game play till sympathy of the night

Kodie

Pro
Daps
*sees metroidvania*

*sees no samus*

:camby:

Castlevania wasn't on that 2d adventure game play till sympathy of the night

Yeah SotN was the first Castlevania to borrow Metroid formula. They really made it into their own though and have some good entries into the genre. I finally got to play Valdis Story and it definitely takes more inspiration from SotN and it's successors than just pure Metroid. I only made it to the first boss but this game feels like it might be the truth. The environments seem a little bland and same-y right now but otherwise the game feels solid.

Good looking out to @Responsible Allen Iverson for puttin me on. I'm sure you might've said you don't want to link your Steam with this forum (understandable :smile:) but if you don't mind, you should add me (link in profile).

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah SotN was the first Castlevania to borrow Metroid formula. They really made it into their own though and have some good entries into the genre. I finally got to play Valdis Story and it definitely takes more inspiration from SotN and it's successors than just pure Metroid. I only made it to the first boss but this game feels like it might be the truth. The environments seem a little bland and same-y right now but otherwise the game feels solid.

Good looking out to @Responsible Allen Iverson for puttin me on. I'm sure you might've said you don't want to link your Steam with this forum (understandable :smile:) but if you don't mind, you should add me (link in profile).

Yeah, good looks @Responsible Allen Iverson and add me too you wanna-be private sonuvabytch.