Valdis Story: Abyssal City (Windows, Mac) (Made by a Black Game Developer)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Game is beautiful:

valdis1_zps628d57dd.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Only two complaints I have is:

1. The game keeps crashing. I read up on it and this seems to kind of a common problem. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but I've lost 2ish hours of game play after a crash.

2. The map sucks. It's just a bunch of boxes, you can't even tell where you're going. In "SOTN" you could at least access the entire map, so you could gauge how far you were from your destination. In this game an NPC will say "go to the library" and unless you remember where the door is you gotta just run around and hope you bump into it.

Over all I like the game though.

Fred.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just beat it. I wish it was a bit longer and it wasn't perfect, but overall it was a good game and a throw back to the 32 bit snes games I miss.

Daps
Added to wishlist! You can keep it real if you made it though :mjpls:

LOL I had nothing to do with this game. I'm just happy to see black people in the games industry because there definitely needs to be more.

This game was also 40% off in the Steam Autumn sale, so hopefully it will become a special deal during the Holiday sale.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I'll buy it but probably never play it. Does the creator receive more money if you buy it from the site rather than from steam.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I bought the game on steam out of curiosity about a week ago. Its a good action rpg type game and I didn't know a brother made it.

I actually just took a break from it a couple of mins ago to look for a trainer because I suck at one of the bosses lol.

Edit: never mind I got past it. shyt was a pain in the ass. I do have one complaint with the game though. The wall jump mechanics seem a bit broken. Especially since some areas depend on you to use it in order to pass. Also it sucks when you have to get to a really high area just to get hit by some lowly goon and get tossed back to the bottom floor. Other than that, the game seems to be on point.

au05Uz8.jpg

Word? Why the main character white tho then?:ld:

Anywho, here's looking forward to the mac version.