VA Governor Ralph Northam :ufdup:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
If Fairfax is proven to be a rapist, he should automatically resign. Northam appoints an LG (preferably Keyanna Conner).

Then, Northam resigns and the LG becomes Governor. The new governor then appoints a new LG. Everything is solved right?

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
If Fairfax is proven to be a rapist, he should automatically resign. Northam appoints an LG (preferably Keyanna Conner).

Then, Northam resigns and the LG becomes Governor. The new governor then appoints a new LG. Everything is solved right?
Can the governor just appoint a new LG if the office is vacant? I'm not from VA or familiar with the state's governing rules so I'm legitimately asking.

VA's governor and LG are elected separately and to me, that implies the governor wouldn't have the same authority over that office as they would in other states where they run as a ticket.

I don't see anything about filling the office if it's vacant, but I literally just started looking into it...

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The due process thing is absurd, and not relevant. He isn't being accused of a criminal act, these aren't legal proceedings. And, due process "innocent until proven guilty" is for the jury and jury only. It doesn't apply elsewhere.

Therefore, as a private citizen, not involved in a criminal legal proceeding, I can say, that based on the information available to me, it is likely he is guilty to some degree of what he is accused of. Based on: the credibility of the accusers, and their lack of motivation to enter what is sure to be a painful, distracting ordeal for them. Also, my general knowledge of sexuality, and knowing men who have done the same thing as Fairfax, they just aren't in the same public spotlight.

Everyone else is free to make up their minds, but NO ONE but a jury involved in a legal proceeding is obligated to presume innocence.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
I'll say it: No Democratic should step down due to rape allegations while Trump and Kavanaugh are still around. :birdman:

Daps
No, I believe that if Fairfax resigns then Northam gets to appoint another LG.

If that happens, then Northam should appoint Keyanna Conner. She's a Black woman so she can't be #MeToo'd or #Blackfaced:hubie:.

Even if that is legally permissible (don't know the Va. rules like that), what in the hell makes anyone on this planet think Northam would do that?

He wasn't willing to resign when he was the only one in hot water. Now he's gonna relinquish power when just about everybody and their neighbor's 4th cousin is mired in horseshyt? He at least now has some leverage to resist stepping down.

I honestly can't see a scenario where this plays out favorably for Dems. This is the most damned if you do, damned if you don't political drama ever.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
That is ridiculous. And self defeating, What are we fighting for, what are we advocating for if we don't address these things across the board?
It was just locker room talk, the accusers' story makes no sense, this is a good man having his life destroyed by crazy allegations.