Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/03/channel-4-renews-utopia-for-second-season/
Channel 4 Renews ‘Utopia’ For Second Season
Channel 4 has renewed its drama series Utopia for a second season of six episodes which is set to air next year, it has been announced.

Created by Dennis Kelly, Utopia follows Ian, Becky, Grant and Wilson Wilson, a small group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of cult graphic novel The Utopia Experiments. Their lives are soon knocked out of kilter by explosive events. Targeted swiftly and relentlessly by a murderous organisation known as The Network this terrified group are left with only one option if they want to survive: they have to run. The drama series is produced by Kudos Film & TV with dennis Kelly, Jane Featherstone and Karen Wilson serving as executive producers.

Speaking of the renewal, Piers Wenger, Channel 4′s Head of Drama, said: “Thanks to Dennis Kelly’s uncompromising and brilliant writing and Marc Munden’s visionary direction, the first series of Utopia shocked and delighted critics and fans by turns. Following the success of the first run, we are thrilled to announce further adventures for Utopia’s eclectic cast of characters even stranger, more imaginative and brilliantly intriguing than the first.”

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
im not much of a tv guy to begin with but i do have a preference for the british shows when it comes down to it. main reason being when they actually *do* have black people in the cast, it feels like there's less or even no restriction to what the black actors can do. Nathan (black dude from Utopia) was more or less the leader of Misfits for the first season and a half, and was even juggling bytches; he was the main love interest for the baddest female on the team, still had his own girlfriend, and then transitioned to another bad female to fukk with in season 2.

If that was in the US, nathan's role as Curtis would've been given to some blonde haired blue eyed justin bieber kid or one of them twighlight-lookin boys, and the black girl on the team would've been seen as "ample enough representation for blacks".. so Nathan would be outside looking in. Mind you, his character still got done dirty starting in about season 3 but at least he was stylin for the first 2. Luther with Idris is another example, where you get a black actor playing a genius level detective as a lead, solving mysteries and just out smarting muthafukkas, and not being some a-sexual no love interest having stiff.

shyt, even a canadian show like Continuum.. starting with season 2, I love how they incorporate new black actors in the mix and the growth they give for the preexisting ones. Travis, for example, transitions from being a typical lackey in season 1 to the Bane-type lead villain 2nd season who has both opposing female lead villains on his dikk, and everyone else scared as shyt of him.

Now these type of shows are still few and far between, but whenever i find such gems with heavy doses of black excellence, i do make it a point to support them by buying the dvds or whatever. Outside of those gems i find (and this site has put me on to a couple of them), i pretty much have my tv turned off till basketball season

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
what uk shows are you guys watching. Only show I know of is the british office.
Luther
Utopia
Misfits(it fell off when the OG cast started leaving)
Sherlock
The Fall
Line of Duty
Inbetweeners
Being Human
Top Boy
Black Mirror
Doctor Who
Merlin
Shameless (the american version is ALOT better)

Ive seen all these except Merlin, havent started that yet

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Luther
Utopia
Sherlock
The Fall
Line of Duty
Inbetweeners
Being Human
Top Boy
Black Mirror
Doctor Who
Merlin

US being human>>>>>>>british :ufdup:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Luther
Utopia
Sherlock
The Fall
Line of Duty
Inbetweeners
Being Human
Top Boy
Black Mirror
Doctor Who
Merlin

Yo.. i just checked this out. :wow: Episode 2 of that is that black excellence shyt that i be talkin about! Mad different but a good ass stand alone story. Plus i recognized the bad white chick from season 1 of misfits, the savior cult leader or something. Good lookin out!

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
Yo.. i just checked this out. :wow: Episode 2 of that is that black excellence shyt that i be talkin about! Mad different but a good ass stand alone story. Plus i recognized the bad white chick from season 1 of misfits, the savior cult leader or something. Good lookin out!
the 3rd ep is the best imo and i can see why its getting made into a movie....ending of it had me like :krs:.....

but regarding this Utopia shyt, THIS shyt IS PIFFF!!! :damn:.....these cot damn brits steady making give no fuks piff :wow:....the 3rd ep just left me like :ohhh:.....gon watch like 3 more eps tonight :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
iovQARDU6PC4d.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
the 3rd ep is the best imo and i can see why its getting made into a movie....ending of it had me like :krs:.....
From what i understand, it may get made into a movie b/c robert downey jr loved the episode and was the one who pitched it to warner bros and his own studio production company. I just watched the ep and i could see why he felt that way. The sci-fi concept behind it is brilliant and the story itself was well done.

The 2nd one was my favorite, followed by the 3rd and then the 1st.. but really all 3 eps made you feel a certain way with how the drama unfolded. I'm definitely gonna find time tomm to catch season 2

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
finished watching this utopia piff yesterday :banderas:.....that shyt just kept throwing me for a loop every ep....idk how the fuk they gon make another season or how they'll even think about topping it :wow:

Daps
shyt's dope:ahh: acting, camera work and writing are on point.

arbie and that other dude > chris & snoop :lupe:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I think I watched all 6 episodes in one good marathon. shyt was a feast brehs. How are they going to follow this up with a second season. shyt had me sitting back like damn I could see some wild pharmaceutical or food company really doing this :lupe:

I wished one of them dudes in the crew had man up earlier though. Too much bish like behavior.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Emporer Palpatine and Ygritte from Game of Thrones are going to be on the new season of Utopia.
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/utopia/27733/meet-the-new-cast-members-of-utopia-series-2#ixzz2hzMyh72b

iahSSt4.jpg

Best known for her Game of Thrones' role as Wildling Ygritte, Rose Leslie also appeared in ITV's Downton Abbey before moving North of the Wall.

Who could she be playing? If Leslie's Utopia role requires her to speak in her own cut-glass English accent (she's technically posh Scottish), we wonder if she could be playing a daughter to Geraldine James' Milner. The physical resemblance is certainly there.

9CKPx1M.jpg

What a perfect fit this makes. With James Fox and Stephen Rea out of the picture, there could be a distinct lack of sinister older gentlemen in Utopia's second series. Enter Ian McDiarmid, most recognised these days for his fantastic work underneath prosthetics as Star Wars' Emperor Palpatine.

Who could he be playing? We've no idea of course, but we'd be surprised if McDiarmid turned out to be anyone too cuddly