Utah senator not a fan of democracy

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
c24e454dba6e610b08195b5a1b01ae6b.jpg
:deadmanny: Average Facebook user look y'all I put up a graphic with some words.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it’s pretty accurate.

When you say the Pledge of Allegiance, are you pledging allegiance to the Democracy or the Republic for which it stands?

I'm well aware that we living in a representative democracy lol. I know you think you kicking knowledgeable but nah.

:ehh:Continue gentlemen I'm intrigued :ohhh:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
We know this. The American republic was established to give the power to landed white men, and disenfranchised everyone else. The American right wants to bring a system like this back. That's why they love the current state of the electoral college and do everything they can to make it harder to vote.

I'll never trust a white conservative on democracy.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
We know this. The American republic was established to give the power to landed white men, and disenfranchised everyone else. The American right wants to bring a system like this back. That's why they love the current state of the electoral college and do everything they can to make it harder to vote.

Yep

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

It's just republicans trying to control language by changing the curriculum. When I was in school they always boasted about how awesome america's democracy was. No one ever talked about how awesome a constitutional republic was.

Again, with George Bush's war in Iraq all of the conservative pundits were talking about how democracy would spread there and thus end terrorism (anybody else remember that nation building propaganda?). Even going back to the cold war it was always democracy vs communism. Not the constitutional republic vs communism.

but around 2010 republican school districts started to subtlety change the language in text books.

Texas school board approves controversial textbook changes - Need to Know | PBS

According to the Associated Press,

In one of the most significant curriculum changes, the board diluted the rationale for the separation of church and state in a high school government class, noting that the words were not in the Constitution and requiring students to compare and contrast the judicial language with the First Amendment’s wording.

The board also required that the U.S. be referred to as a “constitutional republic” rather than a “democratic” one.

Conservative panel members argued that the state curriculum had long been dominated by liberal ideas, and it was aiming to reverse the trend

That was happening in a lot places around the country.

I guess people are buying into the new programming

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps

They don’t want to bring it back, it never went anywhere.

They’re trying to preserve it.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
And what the fukk is a "rank democracy" these CACs just make any shyt up to sound smart. That literally isn't even a thing.
That’s what they do. They NEVER play fair. EVER! That’s why I tell Black people to take every advantage of the system and their loopholes legally.

CACs will tell you to obey the law whilst they’ll find every way to move the goalposts for themselves.

The wisest adage I’ve ever read was:

“Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.”

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps

He’s talking like I’m in here kickin prison knowledge. :mjlol:

The United States is a federal constitutional republic.

(First sentence)
Politics of the United States - Wikipedia

We use the system of democracy to elect our delegates, but the use of delegates is what makes our country a Republic and not a Democracy.

quote-the-two-great-points-of-difference-between-a-democracy-and-a-republic-are-first-the-james-madison-123-49-25.jpg

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps

:wtf: no wonder these right wing motherfukkers ain't saying shyt about Trump. They really about that dictator, fascist life. Is there a way these politicians can be vetted better? Some of these people have no business holding office, making laws or decisions that effect districts, cities, counties, states or countries.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
:wtf: no wonder these right wing motherfukkers ain't saying shyt about Trump. They really about that dictator, fascist life. Is there a way these politicians can be vetted better? Some of these people have no business holding office, making laws or decisions that effect districts, cities, counties, states or countries.
They really some straight lunatics hopefully this election will be a clean sweep which I think it will be.