users on twitter started to impersonate famous people like LeBron after paying for a blue check, causes chaos

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad Elon is failing with Twitter lol.
he tried to get out of it but has accepted its mess. hes trying to find other ways to generate revenue, 90% of twitters revenues come from ads. its going to be tough to make that up without destroying it in the process. hes done a great job devaluing the checkmark so far

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It's really gonna get interesting when folks start impersonating politicians and their constituents start holding the real ones accountable for promises made by the fake accounts
maga is gonna get finessed by fake political candidates, fake accounts belonging to judges and sheriffs looking for campaign donations.

High Art

šŸ‘‘King of The SalonšŸ‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
he tried to get out of it but has accepted its mess. hes trying to find other ways to generate revenue, 90% of twitters revenues come from ads. its going to be tough to make that up without destroying it in the process. hes done a great job devaluing the checkmark so far
Part of the reason why I think he's going this route. He'll make some money but it will blow up in his face ultimately since any previous success was without true notoriety and without true competition. He has both (assuming BlueSky launches soon) and all of that will be hard for him to shake.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
ToNy StArK

tumblr_o6yksw8XzN1qhz95yo1_500.gif

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So all the old blue checks have turned white until they pay to get a blue checkā€¦ nice way to differentiate