USA Today says pedophiles are misunderstood

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Help me understand your point here, mind providing an example or a contrasting way of covering this?
Whenever the media covers this topic, whether it'd be about pedophile networks or lone wolves, or even about how the topic is misunderstood like in this article, the focus is on the abusers. The victims, on the other hand, seem to only be props for the crime and little to nothing is said about them or how life continues after that. At first, there is a need for anonymity and healing, of course, but once they become adults and have to deal with the aftermath, you rarely hear about it. It's taboo. Movies like 'By the Grace of God' are few and far between.

Just like the #metoo movement liberated the voices of many women about the abuse they suffered, I think you can't have a true discussion without bringing the people who suffered the mistreatment to the forefront.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
The point is categorizing behavior so you understand why it happens and how to prevent/treat it. Article is saying that a number of what are considered "pedophiles" are people who are socially unable to connect with adults and therefore view an underage teenager in their life as the only way to get their needs met.

Is it fukked up? YES! Is it important to make a distinction between those people and ones who are genuinely sexually attracted to little kids? fukkING YES!

You’re really expecting these people on Coli to read a thread outside of the shock headlines?!:mjlol:

They shouldn’t have tweeted the initial headline without a link to their non-paywalled article. But the rest of the follow up makes sense…but A large amount of the TheColi are typically devoid of critical thinking and don’t read research articles/documents

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
word

most gays were turned out by pedos

most pedos are gay

its a vicious cycle anyone who thinks to two aren't connected is real fukking moron

This isn't even funny. There are more young women preyed upon by adult men than there are young boys. And most young boys aren't exclusively raped by adult men but also by a large portion of adult women that isn't well addressed.

You have members on this website who read headlines about female teachers raping their male students and depending how they look the posters will say the boy is lucky.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
full understand what a sexual urge is.
Then why are you asking me for a definition? :francis:
Let’s have this discussion in good faith.
Children cannot have them. They are taught the "behavior" of sex if they find out from an external source.

Your body is not ready for sex and having urges until puberty.. how are you confused?
I agree.
The question becomes, the sexual identity or persuasion that manifests with puberty, were we born with that? Or are we all asexual blank slates impacted by our environment?
Mental depravity is a perversion. I consider it gross and perverted. My opinion. You may like it or enjoy it...your choice. I don't care.
What specifically about homosexuality is depraved? Or perverted?
I guess ultimately this boils down to what is the norm with sexuality and what is the basis for your opinion that that is the norm?
A person doesn't become a homosexual until they have sex as an adult in my opinion...and my theory is that is their choice to act on their illness.
Sexuality is based upon attraction, not sexual acts. If I go to jail for the rest of my life tomorrow, I’m going to be straight until I die, even though I’ll never have sex again.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Also why are there seemingly no adults on this board. If you care about protecting children this is a conversation that should take place

LOL, you should know this by now. If it involves children, this site can't handle the topic. Without the ablity to proper analyze, you get hillbilly rheotic.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who agrees with the notion that pedophilia is a disease that someone one is born with and in order for this to be proven to be true, how do we hypothetically conclude this to be a truth?

Are we to put infants with this birth defect in special conditions to observe them until adulthood to conclude this.

I would like to hear from these pseudo intellectuals who are living in a utopia and everyone else is in a third world country and has an IQ of the room temperature.

The floor is yours.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yep, in another 10 years it will be a hate crime to speak against them. Reminds me of the gay movement and how homosexual men are mostly child predators anyways they about to add another letter onto LGBTQ movement :francis:
Receipts from a reputable source on the most homosexual men are child predators claim?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I bet you didn't know i posted this article would come like 7 years ago. Once they made LGBTQ normal i knew the P was coming. You don't feel sorry for murderers? This dude who had 7 murders told me when he can't sleep at night he just feels like going out to kill again and it makes him feel better
What is the connection between homosexuality and pedophilia?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Homosexuality and pedophilia are related because they are mental illnesses.

The DSM IV classified gender dysphoria as a mental illness.

I get it man... you don't believe homosexuality is a mental illness. I personally don't give a care, that's your belief and I'm not pressed to convince you otherwise.

On to the rest...

The CRIME of sexual assault is based on unwanted contact.

I asked you the question to see what you really stand for.

If you asked me...if an 18 year old girl snuck a kiss from my 16 year old son... its normal to me.

If an 18 y/o male snuck a kiss on my 16 year old...I'm filing charges.

Call me a monster... but I'm sure most fathers will side with me.

Pedophilia = mental illness
Acting on pedophilia = crime (suggest life in prison)

Homosexuality = mental illness
Acting on homosexuality = pervert

How much more clear can I be?

We don't have to agree.
If any stranger snuck a kiss from a 16 year old child of mine, regardless of gender, I’m with you on filing charges. Anything else would depend on circumstances.

I agree with you on pedophilia. I don’t see how homosexuality meets the definition of mental disorder/illness:

Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in emotion, thinking or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.

What problems are associated with homosexuality?

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Y’all are retarded.
This ain’t nothing new motherfukkers called us retarded on this site when we were calling out the vaccine now look what’s happening, a couple years from now you won’t have the same tone.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
they're also trying to normalize it before all this politicians and celebs get officially outed. coincidence this comes after eps "killed himself", and Ghuislane (sp) gets convicted of aiding him. He kept ledgers on ppl...

if we see anyone pushing for lowering age of consent in the next 10 to 20, we know why.
Try less than 5 shyt is speeding up fast these mfers are getting ready for something and laying the foundation.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Whenever the media covers this topic, whether it'd be about pedophile networks or lone wolves, or even about how the topic is misunderstood like in this article, the focus is on the abusers. The victims, on the other hand, seem to only be props for the crime and little to nothing is said about them or how life continues after that. At first, there is a need for anonymity and healing, of course, but once they become adults and have to deal with the aftermath, you rarely hear about it. It's taboo. Movies like 'By the Grace of God' are few and far between.

Just like the #metoo movement liberated the voices of many women about the abuse they suffered, I think you can't have a true discussion without bringing the people who suffered the mistreatment to the forefront.

The problem with victim narratives is they tend to be passive, they simply describe how something is happening to someone. While there was a shift in the 60's/70's where victim narratives became celebrated, the victim now considered noble for having endured, what moves humans is active behavior.

It's feeling vs. thinking. Victim narratives focus on feeling and illiciting surface emotion, but that doesn't move the needle. No one cares unless there is some insight into the human condition.

The reason texts like Gulag Archipelago or Man's Search for Meaning endure is because they explore the deep psychological conditions of "victims" and the pathological nature of societies which allow for such victimization to occur.

This actually gets into a deeper issue, which, in part, is what the article advocates exploring. There is often a huge delta between what humans claim to think/care about and what we actually think about and prioritize. We often hide or sublimate our true desires behind moral posturing (you'll see plenty of it in this thread) out of fear of being ostracized or judged.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Carefully observing some of these comments.
:scust: its a lot of pedo sympathizers in here :scust:

“the coli not ready for this discussion:troll:
“Yall not grown enough to talk about this seriously:troll:

what are we supposed to be talking about seriously in here :martin: why some yall defending this :martin:
You do realize saying Pedophilia and Rape, are literally linking the two when you shouldn't be correct?

Also I'm sorry you had to ever experience that. The entire point of this is to help prevent those things by making it easier to identify and encourage people who have an attraction to children to come forward and seek help that they need. Saying you're going to kill anyone who does that helps no one and puts more people in danger to have to go through your expierence. Appreciate you having the courage to share that information.
pedophilia is rape. What the fukk did you just type?